ACC501 SLP Module 3 Transfer Pricing and Responsibility Centers (Speech Presentation Sample)
Include the following items in your presentation.
The organization is currently centralized but is reviewing options to put a decentralized structure in place.
You are asked to comment on responsibility centers and their functions.
Cost centers can be a drain on an organization. Could internal chargebacks be implemented? Present specific ideas.
Comment on the role of business analytics in a growing decentralized organization.
Both of the assignments I'm assigning to you are linked.
Feedback from failed grade was:
The focus should be the segmented income statement, similar to case 1 and case 2. This SLP involves the application of what is learned in the case assignments.
Session Long Project
Module 3 Transfer Pricing and Responsibility Centers
ACC501 SLP MOD 3
1. Difference of centralized and decentralized structure?
* In centralization structures authority for decision making is in few hands, mostly at the top
* In centralization responsibility, power and authority are concentrated
* Centralization is associated with maximum constraints and managers at the low level exercising minimum freedom.
* A centralized structure is mostly organized by functions
* Decentralization the authority to make decisions is delegated and the low-level managers are allowed to make decisions as they have freedom in the decision making process.
* Delegation of the corresponding decision-making capacity (Ferrell, Fraedrich & Ferrell, 2017)
* A decentralized structure has strategic business units each with their own profit and loss accountability
* Implementing a financial control system is based on the presence of responsibility and profit centers.
* Decentralization allows the development of an operating account in each division or profit center.
2. What are Responsibility centers and the functions of it?
* A responsibility center refers to unit within a business with a manager responsible for these units and for improving performance
* Managers are held accountable for an organization unit.
* Managers achieve the objectives of the whole organization.
* Measuring performance for each responsibility center improves performance for the whole organization.
* The goals of each responsibility center are established and there is coordination of activities for each responsibility center to meet the goals of the larger organization
* Open and strong communication makes facilitates working together
* Ensures that the activities are not disjointed
* Feedback and evaluating performance for units
* Enterprise resource planning systems to integrate the organization’s activities.
3. How do cost center drain
- ACC501 SLP MOD 1: Understanding The Brand Awareness And CompetitionDescription: Understanding the brand awareness and competition helps to identify the most effective strategies to ensure growth and support competitiveness. Systematic analysis of the relationships between sales prices, costs, sales, and production volume helps to set the prices expenses and profits....2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Accounting, Finance, SPSS | Speech Presentation |