Relationship between Urban Green Space and Health and Well-Being in Bristol (Research Proposal Sample)
On completion of the module you should be able to:
1. assess the validity of claims to knowledge in research studies undertaken by others
2. explain the stages of the research process and understand the issues that need to be considered in designing research;
3. discuss how the values of the researcher, and others with an interest in the outcome of research affect the research process and its outcomes
4. make informed decisions about the commonly-used (quantitative and qualitative) methods of data gathering
5. evaluate the role of research-based knowledge in professional practice and policy formation
6. acknowledge the ethical and practical issues arising in the conduct of research and take account of these issues when designing a piece of research
7. critically analyse the meaning and content of a research brief and develop a proposal from this.
Green Space in Towns and Cities: Relationship between Urban Green Space and Health and Well-Being in the Neighbourhoods in Bristol
Parks and green spaces are critical elements for any town and or city where people want to live. These parks and green spaces contribute to the renaissance of the urban areas through the regeneration and improvement in areas of economic performance, enhancing and supporting the environmentâ€™s ecology and biodiversity, enabling opportunities for lifelong healthy living, and fostering cohesion and pride from the local communities (DTLR, 2002). The realization of such noble opinions requires a renewed and powerful policy framework, management, and funding for the production of new, exciting, and diverse parks that are of high-quality and green spaces that measure up to the need and aspirations of the local communities (DTLR, 2002). These green spaces are part of the healthy, livable and economically viable, clean, and attractive towns and cities. They also bear economic interests as they make towns more attractive to new business (Timmermans, Cilliers, & Slijkhuis, 2012). Green spaces are free spaces that can be utilized by the entire population these spaces represent the perceptions, attitudes, ideas, and beliefs of the population and provide a hosting ground for different activities and platform for performing scheduled tasks. This proposal is focused on Bristol City and aims at investigating the relationship between urban green space and the health and well-being in the neighbourhoods. Therefore, it will look at the differences in provision of space, quality, and usage in different neighbourhoods of varying socioeconomic status (Timmermans, Cilliers, & Slijkhuis, 2012).
One of the aspects that significantly impact the health and well-being of an individual especially in an urban area is the access to high-quality local green sp...
- Political Science Research Proposal POLS311Political PartiesDescription: Your final paper will include more points and sources (at least FOUR) but make sure you can find at least three SCHOLARLY sources at this point (no blogs or partisan publications like Huffington Post)...2 pages/≈550 words | 4 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Research Proposal |
- Understanding and managing diversity: The Children's Hospital of PhiladelphiaDescription: Selected website: The selected organization whose website has diversity-related material is The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. ...1 page/≈275 words | 5 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Research Proposal |
- Drugs and crime in canadaDescription: Undergraduate writing level 2 pages Social Sciences Format Style English (U.S.) Research Proposal. Drugs and crime in canada...2 pages/≈550 words | 4 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Research Proposal |