RESEARCH PAPER 530 - R1. Gun Control Debate (Research Paper Sample)
When it comes to views about what factors contribute to gun violence, Republicans and Democrats deeply disagree over the degree to which legally obtained guns contribute to gun violence. Approximately 76% of Democrats say the ease with which people can legally obtain guns contributes a great deal or fair amount to gun violence, compared with just 39% of Republicans. By contrast, more than eight-in-ten Republicans (84%) and Democrats (88%) say the ease with which people can illegally obtain guns contributes a great deal or a fair amount to gun violence. We are all Americans that are concerned about the welfare of our families and loved ones, however, a cogent policy seems to escape our legislators.
Write a Research Paper using the information learned thus far in this class to explore at least 2 sides (one from each perspective—pro/con) of the is debate and answer the question, “How will major and transformative changes in gun policy take place in the United States?” Remember, this is not an opinion piece, this is a policy analysis piece.
This paper must have at least 7 sources and have a 900—1,000-word body and must include the following sections:
• Title Page
• Personal Response
The Book Reviews must be typed in 12-point Times New Roman font, be double spaced with 1-inch margins, and follow current Turabian format. See the grading rubric for specific guidelines and grading procedures.
GUN CONTROL DEBATE
Gun Control Debate
Gun control policy in the United States of America mostly involves the acquisition, ownership, and use of firearms through legal measures or law. Among the developed countries with strict gun control laws, the United States of America (U.S.A) have seems to have high incidences of firearm abuse. Most Americans have a constitutional right to legally possess firearms making the law controversial since most of murder and homicide cases involve guns.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
- Art Essays
- Sociology Essays
- Capital punishment Essays
- Imperialism Essays
- Childhood obesity Essays
- Nursing career Essays
- Physician assisted suicide Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to gun control:
- government notes Case Study #1: Trump Tax CutsDescription: The case study presents a federal type of government where the president is the head of state. President Trump, therefore, has power and authority over all the decisions to be made in the government. ...2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | APA | History | Coursework |
- Why schools should require uniforms? Have a clear thesis.Description: School uniforms have been used in the field of education for decades. Nonetheless, there has been a continuing debate on whether schools require uniforms or not. ...3 pages/≈825 words | 4 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Gun Control as a Solution to Gun Violence Research Assignment Description: Gun control has been one of the most debated issues, especially in the United States, which has experienced a lot of gun violence in recent years. There have been widespread mass shootings in schools resulting in a public uproar on gun control and gun ownership. ...6 pages/≈1650 words | 7 Sources | MLA | Creative Writing | Essay |