Violence Research Assignment Paper: Police Brutality (Research Paper Sample)
1.Please include the following thesis statement as the last sentence in first paragraph and base paper on this topic
Police are trained to use the least amount of force necessary to make an arrest by using escalations of force however, sometimes police exceed the minimum amount required to diffuse an incident or protect themselves which leads to misconduct or undue violence when not warranted.
2. Double spaced
4. All cite sources online sources within the last 5 years
5. 12th Grade High School Honors English class writing level please
Violence: Police Brutality
Police brutality is a kind of human rights violation that occurs in every community due to the use of excessive force. Many people have witnessed or have become victims of police brutality. In their line of duty, police officers are sometimes faced with threatening circumstances that enable them to make haste decisions when expecting the worst at the same time hope for the best outcome. The police officers are given the powers to maintain law and order as well as to take away any right of a citizen as well as their lives. Thus, they have the responsibility to apply the forces in a recommended way. Therefore, police are trained to use the least amount of force necessary to make an arrest by using escalations of force. However, sometimes police exceed the minimum amount required to diffuse an incident or protect them, which leads to misconduct or undue violence when not warranted.
Theories on Police Brutality
Police brutality and their behaviors can be explained based on different theories. For example, the social dominance theory asserts that the white people are the dominant group in the American society. Thus, they are not succumbed to the police brutality compared to other races (Chaney and Robertson 480). This social dominance theory is then used by the whites to justify the police behaviors of the use of excessive force on blacks by mentioning that the blacks indeed deserve brutality by the police officers since they normally resist arrests, they engage in thug activities as well as taking prohibited drugs. Based on the theory, it is noted that about 38% of the Whites and 90% of the blacks view police brutality to be targeting the blacks ((Chaney and Robertson 480). Consequently, the officers who participate in such acts ar
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to police brutality:
- How The CSI Effect Has Had An Impact In The Criminal Justice FieldDescription: Discuss how the CSI Effect has had an impact in the criminal justice field, specifically police investigations and in the courtroom....4 pages/≈1100 words | 5 Sources | APA | Law | Essay |
- Assignment 1: Developing a Strategic Communication PlanDescription: Imagine that you are a member of a team assigned by the police chief in your hometown to revise the organization's strategic communication plan...2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | Law | Essay |
- Interpreting Data Outputs Research Assignment PaperDescription: Explain your interpretation of the qualitative results in the article, “Why Rape Survivors Participate in the Criminal Justice System,”...2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |