TX Bill of Rights (Research Paper Sample)
A state cannot give less protection to its citizens than is allowed by the national government but it can give more; and that's exactly what the Texas Bill of Rights does. Do you know which additional rights are given to Texans that are not included in the U.S Constitution ? Please see attached Document and answer the 3 additional questions on there. Thank you.
TX Bill of Rights
Go to http://www.constitution.legis.state.tx.us/ to find the entire Texas Constitution. Click on Article I: Bill of Rights. Read all the 33 sections (11 easy-to-read pages) and answer the following questions:
1. Which 10 sections do you consider the most important? Put them in order of importance and explain why.
2. If you had to modify 5 sections, which ones would you modify, how and why?
3. If you had to delete 5 sections, which ones would you delete and why?
Note: Answers like “All the sections are important; I would not modify or delete any of them” or “The first 10 sections are the most important” will not be accepted.
*** DO NOT re-type the wording of each section in your paper.***
Additional protection Texans have, which is not included in the national constitution include: protection from imprisonment for debt and protection against outlawry, which involves putting a convicted person outside the protection of the law and banishment from the state. Another one is the prohibition of monopolies, which is not provided in the US constitution.
In order of importance in my opinion, Section one is most important. The freedom and sovereignty of the state can never be overlooked. Section two states that all political power is vested in the people. This affirms that the people of Texas have total control over their sovereign state. Section three is third important, since; all citizens possess equal rights and are all part of the state. Section 28 on the suspension of laws is fourth important. Only the legislature, mandated by the people, can suspend laws. Section 8 on freedom of speech and press guards the freedom of expression and opinionating. This protects against oppression. Section 19 protects against deprivation of life and liberties of citizens unless the due course of the law is adhered to. Section 22 on treason is important in underlining the graveness of the crime, which may break a state. Section 27 on the rights of assembly comes next. People should be allowed to meet and conduct their businesses but in the legal frameworks laid down. Section 17 guards the citizens by ensuring that the state compensates them incase their property is taken for public use. Such circumstances occur and it is important to compensate citizens. Section 31 is important since citizens should be compensated i...
- Research Paper: Preliminary Outline of Langston Hughes On The Road Preliminary Outline of La. . .Description: High School writing level 6 pages Literature and Language Format Style English (U.S.) Research Paper. Research Paper ...6 pages/≈1650 words | 1 Source | MLA | Literature & Language | Research Paper |
- The Card Players Vs Apples And A Pot Of PrimrosesDescription: The purpose of this paper is to concisely analyze two works of art by the same artist from the collection of the Metropolitan Museum of Art or Museum of Modern Art in concert with a reading of an excerpt from the artist's writings....3 pages/≈825 words | 3 Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Research Paper |
- Different Aspects Of Racism And Racial DiscriminationDescription: This paper seeks to explain different aspects of racism and racial discrimination with specific example across the world. The paper also questions the role of the international community in combating the vice....4 pages/≈1100 words | 4 Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Research Paper |