How Blogging And Social Media Transform Our Culture (Research Paper Sample)
• The Essay itself should be 8-15 pages in length, not including the title page, abstract, appendix of visuals (if applicable), works cited, or annotated bibliography.
• Works Cited page should contain a minimum of 10 quality sources, all of which have been correctly cited within the essay, as well. No more than 2 open web websites are allowed to be used for the final paper.
Will the current trends and future direction of blogging and social media transform our culture?
There has always been a strong connection between technology and culture throughout human civilization. Since the inception of the stone age tools to the development of wearables, technology has always influenced human culture. The relationship is vicious and it is continually evolving with no definitive starting point or end. The industrial revolution birthed urbanization which changed human social interactions and culture. Nearly 5 centuries ago, the world entered a new era of the information age that has revolutionized almost all cultures in the world as the world became increasingly connected. Many cultures have been assimilated into other cultures while many have evolved because of the ease of information flow and sharing among its members. Technology itself is most developed intended for good uses and to push the human race forward but there are always unintended consequences that come with every revolutionary technology. One of the technologies which have fueled this trend is the social media and blogs. The newest trends of social media and blogging on culture has been immeasurable and the two entities have become increasingly intertwined. Social media and blogging have influenced culture in positive and negative ways. This research paper will attempt to explore this premise to establish how the newest trends in blogging and social media transform our culture.
Definition of blogging and social media
According to, a blog (shortening of “weblog”) is an online journal or informational website displaying information in the reverse chronological order, with latest posts appearing first. It is a platform where a writer or even a group of writers share their views on an individual subject. Initially, they were known as ‘weblog' denoting that they started out as an avenue for people to share their views online just like traditional diary entries. ‘Web logs' have been shortened to blogs and since it has become a standard. According to, social media is a form of electronic communication (such as websites for social networking and microblogging) through which users create online communities to share information, ideas, personal messages, and other content (such as videos). In blogs, the blogger has a domain or a subdomain on the internet for his/her content while on a social media the users use a single domain the community. For businesses, these two online entities are complementary I the sense that a blog is where people meet you while a social media channel is where they seek you out. Asserts that ‘blogging creates content that lives on your website. Social media engages with people about content.' for professional entities, it is unprofessional to refer someone to visit a social media site and then scroll through your many posts and other information presented by ‘feeds' to access it. Blogging is the ideal reference to such people as they will sort the content chronologically and access it.
What are the current trends in blogging and social media
There have been many trends in these industries that are rapidly changing blogging and social media. One of these technologies is customizable chatbots which are offered by many social media giants. These chatbots help the companies to save cost on hiring more people and rely on the automated responses to their clientele on their services. Most people have interacted with chatbots before and they are nearly indistinguishable from humans. Artificial intelligence in maturing and these bots are some of the new ways which show the potential of future technologies. The number of companies using these bots has also risen exp...
- US Fuel: What is the Future of Fuels in our Country?Description: Discuss your position on nuclear power. Specifically address the questions: If a nuclear power plant were proposed nearby to your home, would you support it? If not, how do you think we should meet our energy needs in a renewable way?...2 pages/≈550 words | 1 Source | MLA | Literature & Language | Research Paper |
- Dystopia: Drugs in Brave New WorldDescription: Aldous Huxley delved into the depths of his mind to create on e of greatest works of literature ever - Research Paper...6 pages/≈1650 words | 2 Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Research Paper |
- NBA player LeBorn James BiograhpyDescription: NBA player LeBorn James Biograhpy Literature and Language Research Paper Undergraduate level...6 pages/≈1650 words | 1 Source | MLA | Literature & Language | Research Paper |