127 Hours - The New Film From Danny Boyle (Research Paper Sample)
1. Research paper on movie "127 Hours"
2. Typed in Times New Roman 12 point font
3. Double Spaced
4. 1 inch margins
5. Bibliography of 5 sources (Wikipedia, blogs, Yahoo answers, any websites without an author are not to be used)
6. 3 sources must from EBSCOhost (https://search.ebscohost.com/Login.aspx)
7. Written in MLA format
8. Cover page
9. Page Numbers
10. Proper Citations
11. No Plagiarism
Once in a while, one catches the perfect movie that they can watch for decades and it never loses the thrill. They get to a place where the director strikes all the right chords in such a way that they are willing to watch the movie every other weekend without companying, or even watching the movie at the theaters continuously without ever having to worry about getting bored. The movie 127 Hours is such a movie. Directed by the renowned Danny Boyle, this is a film that brings to life films that are timeless. It is a movie that people are going to be watching for generations to come and even included in studies as a piece of reference. What is more is the fact that it's based on a true story. One that embodies the spirit of triumph embedded in the human spirit (Renouard and Mimi). This makes it a film that most of the audience can relate to relative to the near-death experiences of the original character Aron Ralston and the movie character James Franco as well as the events in the film (Gustavsson).
‘127 HOURS is the new film from Danny Boyle, the Academy Award-winning director of last year's Best Picture, SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE. 127 HOURS is the true story of a mountain climber Aron Ralston's (James Franco) remarkable adventure to save himself after a fallen boulder crashes on his arm and traps him in an isolated canyon in Utah. Over the next five days, Ralston examines his life and survives the elements to finally discover he has the courage and the wherewithal to extricate himself by any means necessary, scale a 65-foot wall and hike over eight miles before he is finally rescued. Throughout his journey, Ralston recalls friends, lovers (Clemence Poesy), family, and the two hikers (Amber Tamblyn and Kate Mara) he met before his accident. Will they be the last two people he ever had the chance to meet? A visceral thrilling story that will take an audience on a never before experienced journey and prove what we can do when we choose life.'(Fox Searchlight)
This is a film that gets the audience on an entirely different level of suspense relative to the fact that it's built on the events of an explorer facing death (Thonnard et al.). More importantly, from time to time, life will present challenges that based on terrible choices. However, few of them as are difficult as what Aron was faced with which were quite dramatic. It is normal for most people to take a walk from time to time, but no one expects that this would even end in the results of the fateful events that Aron met with. At least none has had the experience of having to cut off their arm for them to survive after having the arm crashed under a bolder in the middle of nowhere. This was an actual event in the fateful trip that Aron took only to come back home with less one arm. These are the events that took place on the fateful afternoon of a Saturday from 2:41 PM and it took five days. It is these events that the award-winning director, Danny Boyle, who is also the brains behind Slumdog, brings to life in the film 127 Hours.
‘In the earliest hours, he shouted for help. A big mistake, Aron says."The sound of my voice just dissolving into the emptiness in the canyon was so frightening to me," he said. "I took myself to the edge of terror by shouting … I told myself, 'You can't scream for help anymore. Y
- Cell Phones: How Have they Changed us Socially Description: With the dynamics and the regular changes in technology, there have been more improvements in cell phones that have enhanced efficiency in our communication...3 pages/≈825 words | 4 Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Research Paper |
- How Does The Choice Of Housing Affect College Students’ Food HabitsDescription: The type of housing during college affects students' food habits because depending on where they live and if they have access to a kitchen ...7 pages/≈1925 words | 10 Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Research Paper |
- Literature (Philosophy) Research Paper: The Good LifeDescription: Good life as most philosophers agree is that not troubled by needs and wants. It is the original form of life where people have enough for themselves...4 pages/≈1100 words | 1 Source | MLA | Literature & Language | Research Paper |