Reading Responses Women and Tea Culture in Edo and Meiji Japan (Research Paper Sample)
Follow the observation table layout. The table should be three rows of three examples.source..
Rebecca, Corbett. 2018. "Women and Tea Culture in Edo and Meiji Japan." In Cultivating Femininity. University of Hawai'i Press. https://www.jstor.org/stable/j.ctv3zp062.5.
The display of the tea utensils was used in the Japanese culture to get the host and the visitor into a conversation. The host would begin inquiring on the origin of the utensils and this would get them into a conversation where they would get to know each other more.
‘The practice of displaying utensils during a tea gathering after the preparation of tea allows for the guest to view them up close (haiken) and enter into a conversation with the host about them’(27)[BIBLIOGRAPHY Rebecca, Corbett. 2018. "Women and Tea Culture in Edo and Meiji Japan." In Cultivating Femininity. University of Hawai'i Press. https://www.jstor.org/stable/j.ctv3zp062.5.]
The author uses this statement to explain the significance of the tea utensils concerning the culture of the Japanese. Tea culture was part of the Japanese culture, and it is through the tea culture that people interacted and got to know each other. It was part of their life.
Tea culture was reserved only for a few people in the society. These few people were referred to as the elites and they were well-off financially. It was difficult for the common people to access tea culture in Japan at the time.
‘The practice of tea was one of a number of
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- A rose for emily Essays
- Personal experiences Essays
- Things fall apart Essays
- Abraham lincoln Essays
- Heart of darkness Essays
- Suicide Essays
- Fast food Essays
- Short story Essays
- French revolution Essays
- High school Essays
- Standardized testing Essays
- Marijuana Essays
- Brave new world Essays
- Respect Essays
- Stem cell Essays
- Values Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to culture essays:
- Assignment 1: Creating a Culture of InnovationDescription: Describe the characteristics of the people you would want working at your company, in relation to the culture you are trying to cultivate....2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | Management | Essay |
- Work Across Cultures AnalysisDescription: Across different cultures, work is assigned different value and seeks to achieve different purposes. However, the common denominator across these different cultures is the fact that work is integral to living. ...2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Aspects of Organization’s CultureDescription: This culture seems to support growth and development while allowing employing to explore and utilize their full potential. It also enhances employee retention, which is one of the key indicators of a great workplace according to the Gallup survey....2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Management | Research Paper |