An Artist's Vision Through Fashion (Research Paper Sample)
Provide citations for the six sources you will use for the final paper. Take care to use works of quality, and evaluate internet sources carefully - use of Wikipedia or any general encyclopedia (web or otherwise) will receive a half grade reduction. Papers without a bibliography and citations/footnotes will receive an F.
Be sure to include the following:
- at least one academic or university press text
- at least one journal article
- at least one primary source - material that dates from the time period
An Artist's Vision through Fashion
An Artist's Vision through Fashion
Fashion and art have a long history; the fashion world creative process is inspired by artistic expressions. Art and fashion are infused to present unique pieces of designs. Some of the creative designs by Stephen Sprouse included graffiti art from the street that were infused to produce youthful artistic expression into clothing, Stephen Sprouse revolutionized fashion in the 1980s. Inspired by graffiti art, Stephen Sprouse infused the punk culture into clothing design.
Like other alternative fashion, the punk culture was a reaction against conformity; punk culture was expressed in clothing to show youthfulness and vigor. The punk culture in fashion expressed rebellious themes challenging the fashion status quo. Stephen used graffiti art to aggressively challenge the stereotypes around fashion. His mixture of uptown sophistication combined with a downtown punk culture, Stephen mixture of graffiti of printed clothing collection transformed fashion, challenging the modest way of looking at fashion to grab the youthful ideas of the punk culture.
Graffiti culture served as a source of inspiration for designers like Stephen, his graffiti style dresses was inspired by graffiti artist along the subway, Art, music and fashion became the major themes Sprouse used to create unique youthful designs. The ideas of his designs were generated from downtown club theme parties where he regularly attended theme parties. Stephen punk couture came to prominence in his May 1984 collection at the Ritz, he used graffiti to create the fall 1984 NASA Saturn print dress with a superimposed sequin dress. The NASA Saturn print dress was created using NASA photos taken on Mars.
During the show, he displayed a spacecraft taking off along with a transgender model Teri Toye to present the beautiful printed mini dress inspired by the photo taken in space.
Sprouse's first major fashion show used the transgender model Teri Toye to reflect his rebellious punk culture ideas. Toye...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Kill a mockingbird Essays
- Homeless Essays
- Salem witch trials Essays
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
- The yellow wallpaper Essays
- Fear Essays
- Freedom of speech Essays
- Women rights Essays
- Modest proposal Essays
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to art essays:
- The Big Thirst By Charles Fishman: Smart WaterDescription: Authors explores three issues about our relationship with water that are eye-opening and explains why it is important to rethink our relationship with this natural resource....5 pages/≈1375 words | No Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Reflective Essay: Theatre as an Art and a Way of LifeDescription: I realized that for the most part theater is a way of life. Every theater performance requires the capability of the viewers to temporarily escape their reality, focus on the performance, and go back full circle to their lives....3 pages/≈825 words | 2 Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Wal-mart Strategic Management: Financial ChallengesDescription: The CEO of Walmart also ensured that all its employees and managers are committed to its values, culture and purpose. The guiding values of Walmart include excellence, respect, service and integrity...4 pages/≈1100 words | 7 Sources | MLA | Business & Marketing | Essay |