An Artist's Vision Through Fashion (Research Paper Sample)
Provide citations for the six sources you will use for the final paper. Take care to use works of quality, and evaluate internet sources carefully - use of Wikipedia or any general encyclopedia (web or otherwise) will receive a half grade reduction. Papers without a bibliography and citations/footnotes will receive an F.
Be sure to include the following:
- at least one academic or university press text
- at least one journal article
- at least one primary source - material that dates from the time period
An Artist's Vision through Fashion
An Artist's Vision through Fashion
Fashion and art have a long history; the fashion world creative process is inspired by artistic expressions. Art and fashion are infused to present unique pieces of designs. Some of the creative designs by Stephen Sprouse included graffiti art from the street that were infused to produce youthful artistic expression into clothing, Stephen Sprouse revolutionized fashion in the 1980s. Inspired by graffiti art, Stephen Sprouse infused the punk culture into clothing design.
Like other alternative fashion, the punk culture was a reaction against conformity; punk culture was expressed in clothing to show youthfulness and vigor. The punk culture in fashion expressed rebellious themes challenging the fashion status quo. Stephen used graffiti art to aggressively challenge the stereotypes around fashion. His mixture of uptown sophistication combined with a downtown punk culture, Stephen mixture of graffiti of printed clothing collection transformed fashion, challenging the modest way of looking at fashion to grab the youthful ideas of the punk culture.
Graffiti culture served as a source of inspiration for designers like Stephen, his graffiti style dresses was inspired by graffiti artist along the subway, Art, music and fashion became the major themes Sprouse used to create unique youthful designs. The ideas of his designs were generated from downtown club theme parties where he regularly attended theme parties. Stephen punk couture came to prominence in his May 1984 collection at the Ritz, he used graffiti to create the fall 1984 NASA Saturn print dress with a superimposed sequin dress. The NASA Saturn print dress was created using NASA photos taken on Mars.
During the show, he displayed a spacecraft taking off along with a transgender model Teri Toye to present the beautiful printed mini dress inspired by the photo taken in space.
Sprouse's first major fashion show used the transgender model Teri Toye to reflect his rebellious punk culture ideas. Toye...
- Gender IdentityDescription: Research Paper: Gender Identity...2 pages/≈550 words | 6 Sources | Chicago | Literature & Language | Research Paper |
- Iconography: Artistic Expression In MuseumsDescription: This paper analyzes the spiritual message of the passed over, using the three levels of Panofsky, including the first level of what can actually be seen in the picture, the primary component of the art that we can relate to....4 pages/≈1100 words | 6 Sources | Chicago | Literature & Language | Research Paper |
- Women And Witchcraft: Equalization Of Women To DevilDescription: Historically, witchcraft has been considered a practice of women and was considered so grounded on the false equalization of women to the devil....4 pages/≈1100 words | 8 Sources | Chicago | Literature & Language | Research Paper |