3 pages/≈825 words
Pearl Harbor (Research Paper Sample)
US history course source..
Pearl Harbor has been the topic of historical analysis and up to date it remains a debate topic. It was an epic moment that goes down the history for the United States and the entire world as well. The war led to the destruction of fleets used in battle by the Americans at the pacific. It was this action that awoke the fierce pride and the self righteousness of the United States. It changed the way Americans would view the entire nations and its neighboring states.
It was on that fateful day of December 7th 1941, that the inlet of the pacific on the south coast of the Oahu on the Hawaiian island experienced a most horrifying yet humiliating attack by the Japanese. The Military were faced with a lot of shock and disgust amid the gunfire and the explosions. The war was arranged according to waves and the first wave recorded Japanese fighters and bombers of the torpedo and the dive sweeping over the Oahu Island. The second wave also came unexpectedly and within minutes it recorded deaths of over 2400 American civilians and service men. A rough estimate number of 400 American planes were completely destroyed and damaged equipments such as bullets and bombs around 350 in number were recovered.
So inevitable and opinionated was the 1941 to 1945 war between Japan and the United States. It was at this time that Japan had conquered all of East Asia including south-east Asia which was earlier on colonized by the western countries. Japan’s collaboration with the Nazi Germany military led to alienation of western powers. Britain at that time needed support in terms of resources and manpower in order for it to survive and its only counterpart of hope was the United States. It was without a doubt that Washington was not ready to accept any alliances from the Japanese colony. They had declared war in case of any attempt to invade the islands. The islands were barricaded by the United States military forces and were under the American colony. The Japanese colony wanted to be independent and not rely on the United States for economic assistance. As a result the pacific war erupted as a way of economic security and national pride through Southeast Asia’s conquest by Japan. The war also broke out when Franklin D.Roosevelt’s admini...
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
- Art Essays
- Sociology Essays
- Capital punishment Essays
- Imperialism Essays
- Childhood obesity Essays
- Nursing career Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to pearl harbor:
- The black pearl article Description: Undergraduate Article Critique: The black pearl article ...3 pages/≈825 words | 2 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Article Critique |
- Critique of ArgumentDescription: Business and Marketing Essay: Critique of Argument...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | Other | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- The Use of control, Moderatingand Mediating Variables in Business Research - Organizational . . .Description: Business and Marketing Essay: The Use of control, Moderatingand Mediating Variables in Business Research - Organizational Justice...4 pages/≈1100 words | 5 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |