3 pages/≈825 words
Contingency Project (Research Paper Sample)
The security officer has just tested the disaster recovery plan with horrible results; systems that were taken off-line will not come up, data have corrupted the databases, and access to the network from the outside is terminated. What started as a 4-hour project is now approaching 18 hours. What do you do? - Develop a contingency project. o What do you do? o Who do you contact? o What escalation procedure will you follow? o How will you address this failure to management? source..
The successful response to a disaster should be able to address the following factors:
To minimize the extent and number of the security incident
Bring together the response team
Develop an incident response plan
Contain the damage and minimize the risks associated with it
The contingent plan adopted for this scenario will be follows:
This is the initial stage of the plan and involves the definition of the main objectives of the plan, the departments or individuals to be involved and their responsibilities. This is achieved by developing a formal policy statement and guidance which will be necessary to develop an effective contingency plan (Resnburg, 2011).
The business impact analysis needs to be conducted to prioritize the systems that are important in supporting the functions of the organization. This way, an identification of the critical systems and functions that the business heavily relies on are identified. The length of time that the business can operate without such services and systems is then estimated. The business impact assessment report should be sent to the relevant steering committee and hence the time limits within which these services and processes should be recovered are clearly determined.
The recovery requirements should be developed. The resources needed to support the most vital organs of the institution are identified should be identified. This will involve the profiling of major hardware like the personal computers and the voicemail communications. This will enable restore communication (Microsoft Technet, 2011). In addition, the necessary software available must be documented, facilities like the working spaces and the personnel for each unit must be determined. For this instance, the public network system must be analyzed to restore communication.
Development of the recovery plan
The necessary recovery plans and components need to be documented to aid this process. The vendors or service providers need to be consulted so as to provide the required recovery services. In the event that the vendors are unable to provide these services, an alternative arrangement is made. It is also at this stage that the various recovery teams need to be clearly defined and their roles and responsibilities. In addition, the recovery standards will be developed at this stage (University of Toronto, 2011). As an important factor, the security of the individuals affected by this disaster needs to be addresses at this stage. The main objective here is to ensure that all operations are restored.
Testing and implementation of the program
The recovery ...
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
- Art Essays
- Sociology Essays
- Capital punishment Essays
- Imperialism Essays
- How microsoft office products will be benifical to my career as a crime scence investigatorDescription: Undergraduate writing level 2 pages Technology Format Style English (U.S.) Research Paper. How microsoft office products will be benifical to my career as a crime scence investigator...2 pages/≈550 words | 4 Sources | APA | Technology | Research Paper |
- Disadvantages to a Distributed SystemDescription: Undergraduate writing level 3 pages Technology Format Style English (U.S.) Research Paper. Disadvantages to a Distributed System...3 pages/≈825 words | 4 Sources | APA | Technology | Research Paper |
- Research in Motion - RIMDescription: Technology Research Paper: Research in Motion...1 page/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Technology | Research Paper |