What Makes Friendships Valuable: Factors (Research Paper Sample)
The question to answer, problem to solve, or theme to explain.
Focus on the central themes of the question or problem you are working on. Make sure it explains:
(1) the question at issue;
(2) why we should care about the question at issue;
(3) what you discovered in your research;
(4) how the whole thing relates to the theme of “Philosophy and Literature in Western Culture,” as well as to any texts used in the course, including films, music, and books;
You may want to consider summarizing the questions, answers, and/or conclusions with a bulleted list.
What Makes Friendships Valuable
What Makes Friendships Valuable
Friendships are essential aspects of human life and interaction. In friendship, people get company, a sense of belonging and above all, an avenue upon which they can expressively share their feelings. Friendship is anchored on mutual trust among individuals. It is important to note that friendships are developed from almost all spheres of life (Carnegie, 2016). For instance, friendships may develop among neighbors at home, friendships among students and their classmates and at workplaces among a certain group of employees. Several factors and practices make friendships valuable. The factors that enhance friendship form the basis of the discussion presented in this paper.
As earlier mentioned, friendships determine the social realm of an individual. Noteworthy, people do not just find themselves in friendships; they have to significantly communicate to establish a leverage upon which their friendship is anchored (Rawlins, 2017). Therefore, the following are some of the factors that make friendships valuable.
Friendship is majorly anchored on mutual trust as well as mutual sacrifices. The core value of establishing a cemented friendship is through developing mutual trust. The trust cultivated between or amongst individuals is essential since it allows for easy communication in the friendship union (Rawlins, 2017). The desire to confide in someone your fears, failures, and achievements call for excellent mutual trust. Friends are like our second family, they are not the people to shy away from. They are a part of one's life and hence, one can take up risks for them. True friendship is defined by the ability to willingly support your friend in times that they may be facing life crises, and thus, the concept of mutual sacrifice in friendships.
Loyalty defines the value of friendships. Loyalty involves being able not to criticize your friends in public, gossip about them or allow others to speak ill of them (Gottman & DeClaire, 2017). Loyalty is an early determinant of all friendships. Loyalty goes well beyond the mere fact of engaging someone in a conversation; it entails keeping a secret the troubles and achievements of your friends.
One should care about the factors that make friendship valuable so that they can have a deeper understanding of what entails good and valuable friendships. Individuals need to comprehend the fact that establishing and...
- Solar Energy Techniques: Cleanest Sources Of ElectricityDescription: Solar energy is one of the cleanest sources of electricity, as it requires no liquid or gaseous fuel for combustion or transportation from one point to another....8 pages/≈2200 words | 8 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Research Paper |
- Human Sexuality & Education: Sexual AddictionDescription: The best way to explain Sexual addiction is that it is a progressive intimacy disorder that's mainly characterized by strong compulsive sexual thoughts as well as acting upon them....6 pages/≈1650 words | 4 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Research Paper |
- How Immigration And Refugees Impact The SocietyDescription: Immigrants have a lasting impact on the host nation chief of which is the effect it has on the living conditions of the people in the host nations....10 pages/≈2750 words | 6 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Research Paper |