What Are The Tools Available To Assist In Diagnosis? (Research Paper Sample)
DIAGNOSTIC PROCESS ASSIGNMENT 75 points
The purpose of this assignment is to demonstrate that you comprehend the diagnostic process as it has been presented in class. To accomplish this you will write a brief paper (2-3 pages) in which you provide responses to the following questions:
1. What are the tools available to assist in diagnosis?
2. What sources of information should you seek to aid in proper diagnostics?
3. Briefly describe the diagnostic process?
4. Discuss how issues of diversity might impact diagnostics?
5. Discuss the processes of identifying co-morbid conditions, their impact, and reflection in the diagnostic process?
6. Discuss the diagnostic consultation processes when unclear.
As this will be a scholarly product, it is expected to adhere to graduate APA standards.
Information from other sources should be appropriately cited, and APA styling manuals should
be followed. For details, please review the grading rubric on the following page.
Psychopathology and Diagnosis
Psychopathology and Diagnosis
What are the tools available to assist in diagnosis?
Mental health screening tools are essential in the diagnosis process. Using mental health screening tools presents a quick and easy approach to determine if the patient is experiencing a mental health condition (Mental Health America, 2018). Often, the conditions experienced in the primary health care sector can be managed effectively by general practitioners using these tools. For each mental condition, there are diagnostic and management guidelines that are evidence-based and follow best-practice. Mental health conditions like depression and anxiety are common and can be treated with high chances of recovery. These tools include (Mental Health America, 2018):
Eating disorder test
Alcohol and substance use test
What sources of information should you seek to aid in proper diagnostics?
Effective diagnosis of mental disorders requires using information from various sources to aid in the appropriate transition to treatment. The information can be gathered from patients
- Review of the Southern Poverty Law Centre WebsiteDescription: The article Ten Ways to Fight Hate by Southern Poverty Centre Website acknowledges that the levels of hate crime in the US have tremendously increased...3 pages/≈825 words | 2 Sources | APA | Psychology | Research Paper |
- Social Psychology Answering Questions ResearchDescription: Find a article on social psychology. Then write a research paper answering the following questions concerning the article you selected....4 pages/≈1100 words | 5 Sources | APA | Psychology | Research Paper |
- Psychological Disorder: Introductory Psychology Course Description: This research paper is for an introductory psychology course, my first and only psychology class (I'm a non-major). So please write the paper in a simple way...6 pages/≈1650 words | 3 Sources | APA | Psychology | Research Paper |