Psychological Disorder: Introductory Psychology Course (Research Paper Sample)
1. This research paper is for an introductory psychology course, my first and only psychology class (I'm a non-major). So please write the paper in a simple way. Don't use too complicated ideas and knowledge because I haven't learned too much about psychology. Thank you.
2. I prefer to write about the movie, American Psycho, maybe about personality aspects. There are plenty of movies you can choose: Hard Candy, Se7en, Identity, The Butterfly Effect, Mulholland Dr. You can choose one that you are familiar with and good at.
3. Instruction, requirement, and steps are listed below. Reading them thoroughly would be helpful. Thank you very much! I do appreciate your effort!
more instruction please see the attachment
Date of submission
Common abnormalities such as depression, dementia, schizophrenia and anxiety are rampant among people. These conditions are normally associated with mood swings, personality, habits, weird behaviours and social withdrawals. However, many people do not detect such behaviours as symptoms of psychological disorders. Thus, psychology reveals that some mental, emotions and physical conditions that are exhibited by people may be associated with psychological disorders. In order to understand such conditions various techniques are applied in the study of human behavior. For example movies and comedies are currently used to show behavior of characters that can easily be linked to disorders. One such movie is the American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis which is a masterpiece that is entertaining. The movie reveals Patrick Bateman (Christian Bale) as the protagonist. He is a banker who is wealthy, self-centered, addicted to sex, drugs. On the same note, he is obsessed with physical health, stereo equipment, and business card. Even though the movie is interesting, its plots and themes reveal different psychological disorders through the protagonist's behaviors. The essay herein discusses behaviors of a Patrick which are then analyzed to reveal the different disorders associated with his actions.
Based on the American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis, Patrick Bateman is a murderer who has killed Paul Allen due to jealousy. Paul is Patrick's rival in competition hence his motive for killing l is that he is able to access high-class restaurants with
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to psychology essays:
- Ethical Standards For Psychological Research Psychology Description: Psychology Research Ethics article by Saul McLeod is an article that describes the standards that should be maintained in psychological research...2 pages/≈550 words | 1 Source | APA | Psychology | Essay |
- My Career Choice In Forensic Psycoholgy AssignmentDescription: This assignment focuses on your Career Interest. It will allow you to locate yourself within your major, while being aware of the influence(s)...4 pages/≈1100 words | 5 Sources | APA | Psychology | Essay |
- Psychology: Addiction Counseling Research AssignmentDescription: The effectiveness of counseling on patients with substance abuse disorders should focus on previous recommendations while matching their coping styles...4 pages/≈1100 words | 3 Sources | MLA | Psychology | Essay |