1 page/≈275 words
Ergonomics (Research Paper Sample)
- Find an Ergonomic “disaster” (this could be your home office, at the grocery store, at a public place, etc.) anything of your choice. - Describe why the situation you found is a “disaster” (state the risk factors, body parts potentially affected, etc). - Develop accommodations to control the so called “disaster” in your mind (these may be tools, adjustments, etc). source..
I run a young web design business in my home office. Regularly, I use my desk phone to make and receive calls from clients. I also use it to call other organizations I deal with in the course of my work including those who I purchase website templates from. I also write website codes intensively using the computer machine.
In the first three months of running the business, I found out a recurrent physically tiring effect at the end of every day. I would have a headache, sore eyes, aching shoulder, neck and wrists. At some point, I would trip severally on the power cables and my network cables were an eyesore, strewn all over the room, running in between the router, switch and computer.
This turned into a disaster. I couldn’t work well anymore. I was spending more finances on medical bills and drugs. My production had become extremely low, and at this rate my going out of business was eminent. I decided to end this disaster once and for all so as to end the effect of the injuries. I decided to review the arrangement of items in my work room and review how I used my computer and phone among other devices. I realized that I had to repeatedly adjust my posture to view the screen because of glare and reflections from the light through the window. I also found out that I had developed an awkward posture during my working by holding the phone between my ear and shoulder when I typed code on the computer and talked on the phone.
In effect, I implemented simple, cost-effective measures to reduce the risks. I arranged my workstation such that my ...
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
- Art Essays
- Sociology Essays
- Capital punishment Essays
- Imperialism Essays
- Childhood obesity Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to cell phone:
- Cell phone concernsDescription: Cell phone concerns Essay...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Technology | Essay |
- Epigenetics Literature ReviewDescription: Life Sciences: Epigenetics Literature Review...4 pages/≈1100 words | 14 Sources | APA | Life Sciences | Other (Not Listed) |
- Summary: Communications and Media (Chapter 5 - Communicating Electronically)Description: Summary: Chapter 5 - Communicating Electronically...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Communications & Media | Other (Not Listed) |