Professional Development Program Proposal. Management Research Paper (Research Paper Sample)
As you continue your consulting role, the next task is to deliver a professional development program to the CEO of your chosen organization.
It is important that your program’s proposal be based on your research of emotional intelligence (EI) and specifically detail how a new incentive program, based on an EI management approach, will:
strengthen interpersonal relationships,
increase overall performance, and
benefit not only managers but the bottom-line.
Create a 4 page proposal that includes the following components:
1) EI and Motivation
• Which of the EI building blocks would impact management’s ability to enhance employee performance and job satisfaction?
• Based on your research on motivational theory, describe how you would utilize positive or negative reinforcement to influence the members of the organization and resolve the issue. Provide examples to support your solution.
2) EI and Social Skills and Decision Making
• Explain how the core concepts of emotional intelligence would enhance the social skills and the decision-making efficacy of the management team.
3) Effective Teams
• Describe the core attributes of an effective team and the strategies you would implement to develop team dynamics that will benefit the organization.
4) Reward Systems
• Create an effective reward system for this organization. Determine the strategies you would incorporate to motivate employees and influence behavior.
Professional Development Program
The organization I have chosen for this project is McKinsey & Company. This American management and consulting company is known for conducting both quantitative and qualitative analysis. It helps to evaluate the management decisions across the private and public sectors. As the consultant at McKinsey & Company, I aim to deliver the professional development program to the CEO. I strongly believe that the emotional building blocks can help employees become more capable. They are, no doubt, a must part of the management system and aim to enhance the overall performance of the company as well as improve the job satisfaction rate (Ahmed, 2002).
The Management’s Ability to Enhance Job Satisfaction and Employee Performance
I feel that the most significant building blocks that can enhance the job satisfaction and employee performance are self-awareness, leadership, and self-actualization. Self-awareness means employees should be aware of their own skills and capabilities. They need to know whether they can undertake multiple tasks at a time or will be able to complete projects one-by-one. From the management point of view, self-awareness is the key to success since it will help employees build a strong relationship with that of the company manager or CEO (Temminck et al., 2013, p. 403).
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
- Art Essays
- Sociology Essays
- Capital punishment Essays
- Imperialism Essays
- Childhood obesity Essays
- Nursing career Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to emotional intelligence:
- Course: YUB term 2. What is the impact of AI on e-commerce?Description: In this growing technology world, AI is a common and effective strategy used by numerous businesses and organizations. AI is not a high-tech substitute for the human brain, but is used to imitate human senses....4 pages/≈1100 words | 5 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Research Paper |
- As a member of the technology department at International Plastics,IncDescription: International Plastics, Inc. needs to improve the business intelligence and analytics function to gain more competitiveness. There is an emphasis on getting the relevant data when required and establishing whether there are patterns and opportunities that affect the company’s operations....1 page/≈275 words | 3 Sources | APA | IT & Computer Science | Thesis Proposal |
- Arguments in the movie Mr. Hollands Opus Literature EssayDescription: The movie Mr. Holland’s Opus focuses on Glenn Holland who became a high-school music teacher, became closer to students, but farther apart from his wife Iris and Cole their deaf son. ...2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |