Module 1 Case Business Ethics: Trident Library's Full Text Databases (Research Paper Sample)
Use the attached APA-formatted template ETH501 Case1 to create your submission
Module 1 - Case
INTRODUCTION TO GRADUATE STUDIES
This class will aid in building a foundation for ethical business behavior that can be applied in many settings. Our first Case Assignment lets you flex critical thinking and debate skills.
In the workplace, employees must often support a professional point of view that may be contrary to personal beliefs. This assignment challenges students to understand “both sides of the fence” on hot-button issues and to consider all points of view. Both sides of the argument should be equally powerful so that the reader is unaware of the position that you espouse.
Select one of the topics:
• Gun control
Using articles exclusively from Trident Library’s full-text databases like (Academic Search Complete, Business Source Complete and/or ProQuest Central), research the chosen topic and create a well-balanced 2-page submission that addresses two opposing viewpoints. Do not use any quotations.
Since you are engaging in research, be sure to cite and reference the sources in APA format. The paper should be written in third person; this means words like “I”, “we,” and “you” are not appropriate. For more information, see Differences Between First and Third Person.
Use the attached APA-formatted template ETH501 Case1 to create your submission.
Your submission will include:
• A two-page paper with APA citations (2- to 3-sentence introduction, body, 2- to 3-sentence conclusion)
• The reference list page in APA format
Business Ethics Module 1 Case
The gun control debate has been a key issue in the American political arena. Supporters of gun control believe that the ready availability of guns threatens the safety of the public while gun rights advocates hold that the availability improves safety. Both sides of the debate raise plausible arguments, which makes it difficult to find common ground.
The Second Amendment
The gun control debate emanates from the interpretation of the Second Amendment. According to Blocher (2014), gun rights supporters hold that the Second Amendment protects the people’s rights to own guns. For gun control advocates, the Amendment relates only to the militia and not the members of the public. Therefore, while gun rights supporters consider the amendment to apply to all citizens, gun control advocates believe it is only applicable to the militia. This difference in interpretation is the basis of the debate that continues to dominate the media.
The 2008 District of Columbia v. Heller case had a significant impact on the gun control debate. It was held in the case that the Second Amendment protects one’s right to own arms for self-defense. From the case, it was determined that gun ownership was not limited to militia alone and thus gun rights advocates had the upper hand in the debate legally. However, as informed by Lamson (2017), the US Ninth Circuit Court of Appeal in 2016 ruled that the Second Amendment does not protect the right of the members of the public to carry concealed arms. It is evident that the interpretation of the Second Amendment has been a source of the debate as described above. With the difference in interpretation, finding common ground is difficult, and the debate is bound to continue into the near future.
Another key issue t
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Relationship Essays
- Plagiarism Essays
- Poems Essays
- Identity Essays
- Vaccination Essays
- Death penalty Essays
- Cold war Essays
- Song analysis Essays
- Animal cruelty Essays
- Kill a mockingbird Essays
- Homeless Essays
- Salem witch trials Essays
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
- The yellow wallpaper Essays
- Fear Essays
- Freedom of speech Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to gun control:
- Research Project Proposals:Assignment Sheet English 1100:Composition 1 Food AdditivesDescription: These projects should be on things that you can make an argument about, but you shouldn’t be too concerned with the argumentative aspect of your final project now. ...1 page/≈550 words | No Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Should all abortions be banned? Literature & Language EssayDescription: Abortion is an act whereby a pregnancy is terminated before the baby is born. The issue of abortion has been facing a lot of controversy in society as to whether it is right or wrong. Different cultures and religions have different believe about the case of abortion. ...6 pages/≈1650 words | 6 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Impact Gun Control on Security. History Essay PaperDescription: The debate on possession and ownership of guns has been raging for a long time. There have been concerted efforts in coming up with and implementing laws aimed at restricting ownership and use of guns. In the United States, however, it has become a controversial issue pitting various sides...2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | APA | History | Essay |