Walmart Business Ethics Literature & Language Research Paper (Research Paper Sample)
I have a base of the paper. Here are the instructions and I need to add in three pages.
1. Overview of the Topic
2. Research and discussion supporting one side or viewpoint.
3. Research and discussion supporting the opposing side or viewpoint.
4. Discussion and analysis of the different sides or viewpoints. This could include the application of an ethical model as a framework for your analysis.
5. Your scholarly conclusion of the issue and the reasoning behind your conclusion. Support would come from your research and analysis.
Walmart’s Unethical Behavior
Walmart’s Unethical Behavior
“Ethics refers to well-founded standards of right and wrong that prescribe what humans ought to do, usually in terms of rights, obligations, benefits to society, fairness, or specific virtues.” We see in many cases that ethics and laws do not always match up. Most laws are not ethical but ethics dictates that they ought to be. In the case of ethical law, the result may have an unethical outcome. Even though the terms law and ethics are often used side by side, they are not in any way co-extensive. Currently, there are many acts that people consider unethical. For example, when a friend betrays another or emotionally hurts another by lying to them. In this particular instance, many people will see the act as unethical. However, since betraying a friend is not illegal, it may not be subjected to lawful scrutiny. On the other hand, some things could be considered illegal but some people find it ethical. For example, smoking marijuana is considered illegal in some parts of the world. However, some still smoke marijuana but never have any ethical conflict in them. Big organizations have been found guilty of using the disparity of these two terms to benefit their cause. Even though their activities appear to be within what is allowed by law, some can be deemed unethical. Nevertheless, organizations have in place policies to ensure their practices are ethical. In this paper, the focus is on a large corporation, Walmart, which continues to toe the line as it tries to balance between remaining within the bounds of the law and acting ethically.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to legalize marijuana:
- Should marijuana be sold and taxed just like alcohol? Social EssayDescription: Yes, marijuana should be sold and taxed, just like alcohol. This debate rages on, but there is overwhelming evidence that suggests that marijuana ought to be sold and taxed just like alcohol. One such reason or evidence is the fact that governments will be able to increase revenue collection...1 page/≈275 words | MLA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Walmarts Unethical Behavior. Business & Marketing EssayDescription: Ethics refers to well-founded standards of right and wrong that prescribe what humans ought to do, usually in terms of rights, obligations, benefits to society, fairness, or specific virtues....2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Introduction to Comparative Politics. Social Sciences EssayDescription: Political parties are essential for the proper functioning of the government. It allows individuals who share a common set of beliefs or ideologies to come together and represent segments of the population that share the same belief....2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |