2 pages/≈550 words
The Major issues and satisfaction of the police (Research Paper Sample)
Select a functional role in one of the three major areas of criminal justice administration—police, courts, or corrections—and describe what you consider the major issues and satisfactions of that particular role. Has this course helped prepare you? If not, what might improve the course?`Write about POLICE. source..
THE MAJOR ISSUES AND SATISFACTION OF THE POLICE
Date of Submission
The police force has continued to receive attention by both the media and the general public. The police have also continued to receive mixed reactions from the civilians and other government agencies including other organs of criminal justice administration such as the courts and the centers of correction. However in as much as most of the comments about the police force are usually outrageous and full of complains because of accusations of corruption, unfairness, negligence and excessive use of the force, most people do not really understand the major issues that face the police as well as its satisfactions. The following essays analyze some of the major issues and satisfaction of the police as well as give a conclusive summary at the bottom of the paper.
The issues facing the police force
There are several issues that have been reported to affect the police force both by the civilians been policed and the police officers themselves. The top issues that have been so far reported include governance, operation costs, resources, crime and detections as well as operational priorities.
The model and strategy of governance that is in use by the police force today requires immediate sorting out because currently it has an issue with its leadership. This is because the several sub branches found under the police service bring with it a lot of confusion since there is clash of roles as well as conflict of interest between different departments including APA, ACPO, and the SOCA among others. The issue of governance is a very serious challenge in the police force as it brings with it a lot of bureaucracy and unnecessary protocol which makes it impossible for the police force to tap from its employees the full potential of expertise and skills contained within the many departments.
Secondly ACPO is a department tha...
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Teenage pregnancy Essays
- American dream Essays
- Immigration Essays
- Racism Essays
- Global warming Essays
- Religion Essays
- Gay marriage Essays
- Police brutality Essays
- Love Essays
- Animal testing Essays
- Obesity in america Essays
- World war 1 Essays
- Martin luther king Essays
- Minimum wage Essays
- Technology Essays
- Stereotyping Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to police brutality:
- Adjusting to terrorism paper Description: Adjusting to terrorism paper Research Paper...2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Law | Research Paper |
- Ethics in Criminal Justice: Police Corruption in United StatesDescription: Ethics in Criminal Justice: Police Corruption in United States Essay...2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Ethics in Criminal Justice: The Impact of police sub-cultures in the agencies code of ethicsDescription: Undergraduate writing level 2 pages Social Sciences Format Style English (U.S.) Essay. Ethics in Criminal Justice The Impact of police sub-cultures in the agencies code of ethics...2 pages/≈550 words | 1 Source | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |