Disaster Recovery Plan of the City of New Orleans Law Research Paper (Research Paper Sample)
Students will be required to develop a disaster recovery plan for the city of New Orleans based heavily on the lessons learned from Hurricane Katrina. This disaster plan is not intended to be as detailed as a typical disaster recovery plan, as these plans generally exceed 50 pages even for the smallest communities. Rather, your plan should be a general survey that highlights the key components of a disaster plan that are based on many of the lessons emergency management officials learned in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.
This is a Homeland Security Course book used is Disaster Recovery by Brenda Phillips.
required 4 pages not counting cover page and citation.
DISASTER RECOVERY PLAN
Disaster Recovery Plan of the City of New Orleans
Every disaster is unique, and the plan cannot account for all the variables but it can help to ensure the critical services for ensuring the survival of the city remain, and the recovery process is fast-tracked. New Orleans is susceptible to hurricanes because of its proximity of the ocean and latitudinal reference which makes it warmer. This disaster is hence more hinged in preparing for hurricanes but can be modified for other disasters. The goal of this disaster recovery plan is to ensure that all necessary precautions related to natural disasters are taken, response to the disasters is prompt and restoration of the city’s systems is tackled in the shortest time possible.
The goals of this disaster recovery process
* To provide efficient coordination and policy guidance during the disaster recovery process
* To anticipate the impact of the disaster and put in place the things which are needed to ensure the city resumes full functioning capacity as soon as possible
* To outline the procedure to handle disaster to ensure that the response is coordinated and clear on its objectives
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to new york city:
- Nonprofit Finance Disasters. Why did FEGS close down?Description: Nonprofit Finance Disasters Accounting, Finance, SPSS Term Paper...6 pages/≈1650 words | 6 Sources | APA | Accounting, Finance, SPSS | Term Paper |
- Disgraced Paragraph: Do Any Of The Characters Have Positive TraitsDescription: How are we to relate to these characters if they are all so seemingly unlikable? Do any of the characters have positive traits? With this units themes of redemption, do any of them seem redeemed by the end of the play? ...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Book Review |
- Newspaper Article The Criminal Justice SystemDescription: Choose a newspaper article dated January 1, 2018 or later which represents a form of Social injustice/ justice policy that has a societal impact on human behavior and or society....2 pages/≈550 words | 1 Source | APA | Management | Essay |