Health Care Administration Among Stakeholders, Identifies Conflict Areas (Research Paper Sample)
1) Write a paper of 1,000–1,200 words that compares and contrasts the competing visions of health care administration among stakeholders, identifies the areas where they conflict, and discusses how those conflicts could be seen in the delivery system.
2) Refer to the assigned readings to incorporate specific examples and details into your paper.
3) Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
4) This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
Below are the readings for support for this assignment.
"Measuring Costs to Community-Based Agencies for Implementation of an Evidence Based Practice," by Lang, J., Connell, C., Lang, J.M., and Connell, C.M., from Journal of Behavioral Health Services & Research (2017).
Back to Basics: Implementing Evidence-Based Practice," by Spruce, from AORN Journal (2015).
"The Future of the Affordable Care Act and Insurance Coverage," by Glied and Jackson, from American Journal of Public Health (2017).
Health Care Administration
Health Care Administration
Health care administration has competing visions from various stakeholders. For instance, the current health care system has indications that threaten the federal budget (Ginter & Swayne, 2018). There are economic effects and visions that overlap into other sectors such as infrastructure, education, energy, and others. This is a perspective that is going to expand expenditure and reduce the amount of funds invested in the mentioned areas. It is common to find new developments and their effects on health care administration. There are several areas where conflict develop. For instance, the nation’s financial strategies were changed by new economic trends. Following this, the economic perspective on health care administration based on the concept and vision of value. This paper focuses on the competing visions of health care administration among stakeholders. The health sector has stakeholders such as providers, individual patients, employers, and even manufacturers. Therefore, the similarities and differences of the competing visions in administration are connected to societal values (Roberts & Bent, 2016).
In order to find out more, several workshops and brainstorming have been done in the past. For instance, the Institute of Medicine Roundtable on Value & Science-Driven Health Care examined various perspectives and approaches to health care stakeholders (Califf & Dynek, 2016). This was a workshop that was meant to determine any existing conflicts or the nature of competitiveness by device and health product manufacturers, patients, employers, payers, and economists. The results from the workshop indicated that people had different visions and differences based on value. Essentially, this was a type of engagement that used presentations and simple conversations to reach conclusions.
Perspectives on vision are usually accompanied by value questions and emphasis on perceived benefits and costs. A patient would see an event different from the employer or the doctor. For instance, an economist would analyze a situation in terms of the eventual impact on the whole society. Patients will always be given the first priority when it comes to the provision of health care. In this manner, they will be able to meet their personal objectives when they are in good health.
The vision of the costs and benefits of health care in terms of funds should be given much attention. There are competitive health care reforms that relate to the overall cost of health care. Following this, there is a vision and a perspective that points to expenditure on this sector with regards to the clinical benefits received from the money spent. There has always been a dilemma on the position of the nation on dialogues and the solution to the economic challenges that affect health care. Lack of relative attention on value proposition compelled Paul Ginsburg to suggested possible methodologies; the layout would make it possible for stakeholders to measure the outcome of health care based on transparency, acceptability, and availability (Blais, 2015). Therefore, there is a link between the current health delivery system and the finance system. B
- Health Insurance and Quality: Quality Initiatives to Increase Patient Satisfaction Description: Examine at least three (3) examples of quality initiatives that could increase patient satisfaction and potentially reduce healthcare cost....1 page/≈275 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Research Paper |
- Program for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease among Homeless in Hillsborough County, Flo. . .Description: Program for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease among Homeless in Hillsborough County, Florida Health and Medicine Research Paper...6 pages/≈1650 words | 5 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Research Paper |
- Research Critique: The impact of clinical encounters on student nursesDescription: Research Critique - The impact of clinical encounters on student nurses...4 pages/≈1100 words | No Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Research Paper |