Risk Incidence Occurrence Solution (Research Paper Sample)
In reference to your Database Design Proposal from topic 1, consider a situation where you want to track, and ultimately identify performance variances (quality measures) or the occurrence of at-risk incidents (pharmaceutical) within the environment you selected.
Write a 500-750 word proposal for an incident solution from the perspective of the Health Information Manager. Include the following criteria in your proposal:
Identify and select an incident in which you are interested.
For your risk incidence solution, discuss the proposed solution and specification of the requirements.
Describe the database design and/or modifications to existing databases
Describe the required resources to develop data model, including hosting considerations.
Explain the breakdown of responsibilities among staff to collect, analyze, and disseminate the information.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Risk Incidence Occurrence
As mentioned in the first part of this project, the database management system I have chosen for the XYZ hospital is SQLite. The incident that drew my attention toward it while I was in the hospital was of a patient whose data was lost by a nurse, and this kept him from availing free medications. The name of the patient was John, and he was suffering from chronic depression (dysthymia). Doctors had prescribed him several SSRIs (citalopram, escitalopram, and fluoxetine). After viewing the physical and mental condition of this patient and the way he was ignored by the doctors and nurses given that his medical records were lost urged me to come up with a solution to the problem of security of patient data and clinical reports. SQLite is part of the C programming library, which seems to be the best database management system for the hospital
As far as the requirements and features of this database management system are concerned, I’d like to say that SQLite is not a client-server database engine. It is actually embedded in the end program (Tillmann, 2017). With this service, the staff would be able to protect patient data and can share important details with each other through a centralized system without worrying about online and offline thefts. I have found this system to be comprehensive, which requires minimal support from an external library or the operating system. SQLite is usable in all environments, meaning the sta
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Song analysis Essays
- Animal cruelty Essays
- Kill a mockingbird Essays
- Homeless Essays
- Salem witch trials Essays
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
- The yellow wallpaper Essays
- Fear Essays
- Freedom of speech Essays
- Women rights Essays
- Modest proposal Essays
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Is a Bachelor's Degree in Respiratory Care Worth it?Description: Is a Bachelor's Degree in Respiratory Care Worth it? Should the minimum entry into the field be changed from an associates to bachelors degree? Health, Medicine, Nursing Research Paper...10 pages/≈2750 words | 8 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Research Paper |
- Addressing Barriers to Effective CommunicationDescription: In this paper, I reflect on the first incident of dealing with an emotional patient. Communication skills are essential for anyone working in the health profession....1 page/≈275 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Research Paper |
- Qualitative And Mixed Methods Research Designs. Research PaperDescription: In an article titled Living with Depression, Rick Hughes, Andrew Kinder, and Cary L. Cooper mention that people with depression remain concerned about their health and wellbeing and that the best and easiest way to manage depression and stress is to create a work-life balance...1 page/≈275 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Research Paper |