Patient Protection and the Affordable Care Act. Research Paper (Research Paper Sample)
Complete an 800-1000 word (not including title and references pages) individual paper relating to the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) and the current policy controversies surrounding the healthcare system in the United States.on four major themes: 1) impact on nursing, 2) impact on uninsured individuals, 3) impact of insured individuals, and 4) impact on health care economics at the local and national levels.
Healthcare policies and economics assignment
Each student will complete an 800-1000 word (not including title and references pages) individual paper relating to the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) and the current policy controversies surrounding the healthcare system in the United States.
The charge is to focus on four major themes: 1) impact on nursing, 2) impact on uninsured individuals, 3) impact of insured individuals, and 4) impact on health care economics at the local and national levels. Students are expected to apply concepts and analytical understanding gained in course readings and videos to address these topics.
This is to be written as a scholarly paper. This document must be submitted using APA format.Refer to the following URL link for an example of how to cite historical documents.
Illinois Writer's Workshop Citation
*No more than 15% of your paper should be found from online/other sources according to Turnitin’s Similarity report.A minimum of five references should be used. Three of these sources should be from a peer-reviewed article.Avoid the use of undated references. This document must be submitted using APA format. After the paper is graded, edit the paper and place it in your portfolio.
Here is a list of links to articles that may be helpful as you write your PPACA paper
COVID-19 and the Need for a National Health Information.pdf
Implications for Telehealth in a Postpandemic Future.pdf
Accelerating COVID-19 Therapeutic Interventions.pdf
Equitable Distribution of Vaccine.pdf
Planning for a COVID-19 Vaccination Program.pdf
The Nursing Profession: Development, Challenges, and Opportunities Author(s) of Text: Mason, D. J., Isaacs, S. L., and Colby, D. C. (Eds.)Read Textbook Chapters 7, 8, & 9
Patient Protection and the Affordable Care Act
Subject and Section
Date of Submission
The Affordable Care Act
According to Blumenthal, Abrams, & Nuzum (2015), the Affordable Care Act (ACA) has alleviated the health care in the United States. From February 15, 2015, there are around 11.7 million U.S. citizens who have availed a health plan based on the health insurance marketplaces because ACA offered subsidies when the insurance is planned through the marketplaces. Additionally, ACA allowed the states to expand the Medicaid programs which are subsidized by the federal government through 2016. The subsidies included the adults are at or below 138% of the poverty line in the U.S. Furthermore, the ACA covered young U.S. citizens under the policies of their parents. The age of coverage is until 26 years-old, regardless of their status (i.e., dependents or taxpayers). Because of the efforts of U.S. President Barack Obama, over 30 million U.S. citizens were able to avail of insurance coverage and customer protection.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Art Essays
- Sociology Essays
- Capital punishment Essays
- Imperialism Essays
- Childhood obesity Essays
- Nursing career Essays
- Physician assisted suicide Essays
- Ethnography Essays
- Dance Essays
- Depression Essays
- Conflict Essays
- Scientific Essays
- Human rights Essays
- Career Essays
- A rose for emily Essays
- Personal experiences Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to vaccination:
- Influenza Teaching Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: The instructor will adopt a cognitive development teaching method. This method is ideal as it helps learners in understanding and synthesizing information (Dorgu, 2015). Specifically, the instructors will utilize discussion and questioning method which are effective in promoting learning....3 pages/≈825 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- An air quality alert Health, Medicine, Nursing Speech PresentationDescription: Due to the potential health effects of air pollution, government agencies have been using an air quality index (AQI) to determine the level of air pollution and warn the public. AQI can also be used to predict the daily quality of air. Six categories are used to report air quality and each category...3 pages/≈825 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Speech Presentation |
- Clinical update Literature & Language Coursework PaperDescription: I have utilized a diverse range of communication by creating a PowerPoint about osteoporosis. I first created a Pretest about osteoporosis so that my audience could test their knowledge. This pretest would be printed and handed out to the audience. After they have finished the PowerPoint...3 pages/≈825 words | APA | Literature & Language | Coursework |