Margaret Newman: Health as Expanding Consciousness Research Paper (Research Paper Sample)
Mid-Range Theory Assignment Application to Practice
Focus: The focus of this assignment is to describe a mid-range nursing theory and apply it to nursing practice. Consider the applicability of the theory to advanced nursing.
Activity: Compose a scholarly paper addressing the criteria below. Support your analysis with scholarly references in addition to textbooks.
◦ Identify the mid-range nursing theorist you have selected. Explain your rationale for selecting the theorist
◦ Brief biography of theorist: education, achievements, influences
• Summary of the theory Include:
◦ Scope: Describe the central thesis of the theory.
◦ Context: Describe the metaparadigm concepts addressed by the theory.
◦ Content: Describe the unique concepts of the theory.
• Application of theory to nursing. This section may be based on an actual or potential application of theory to a clinical, administrative, or educational situation.
• Description of the setting in which the theory will be applied (practice, education, administration, research).
• How do the concepts of the theory relate to the actual nursing situation you have selected? Explain and give examples.
• How easily could you use this theory in your current practice and in practice as an APN? Is the theory too complex or too simple? What problems do you anticipate? Explain and give examples.
• What do you believe this theory can contribute to health care and nursing practice/administration? Explain and give examples.
• Writing Style
◦ Graduate level writing is required. The paper should be well organized using correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, sentence structure and meticulously adhere to APA format.
◦ An abstract is required.
◦ Use the criterion above as first level headings (Introduction, Summary, Application, Applicability, Feasibility). Address all content below each criterion to ensure that the paper is neat, organized and easy to follow.
◦ References must be current (within 5 years) and include scholarly journals.
◦ The final Turnitin originality report must be less than 15%.
Here are some articles that may help and I will like it included in the paper.
Health As Expanding Consciousness: Clinical Reasoning in Baccalaureate Nursing Students
Mary W. Stec, RN; PhD1
Integrative Review on the Use of Newman Praxis Relationship in Chronic Illness.
Rosa, Katherine C.
In this book you can find information without buying the book.
Margaret Newman’s Health as Expanding Consciousness Theory
Nursing theories have been explored and created by several theorist, but with the Health as Expanding Consciousness created by Dr. Margaret Newman enriches the nursing practice, values and principles. The metaparadigm concepts of nursing are applied to the finding of Newman that are applied to the today’s clinical nursing profession to improve on the nurse-patient relationship. The applicability of the theory gives the nurses the skills, knowledge, and art of caring for their patients. The theory is feasible in the nursing practice and has greatly contributed to the current Advanced Practice Nurse (APN) practice and improved the nurse-patient relationships.
Key words: Margaret Newman, Nursing, consciousness, health, theory.
- Persuasive topic: Healthcare as a right or privilege. Research PaperDescription: As humans, everyone is subject to falling sick. Typically, this means that each individual requires a health program that can facilitate healthcare. However, this remains a hot topic in the United States regarding whether healthcare is a privilege or right....3 pages/≈825 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Research Paper |
- Genetic Disorder: Spina Bifida Medicine, Nursing Research PaperDescription: Spina bifida is a genetic issue that grows for the most part during an infant age. It is a phenomenon where a collection of cells known as the neural tube, which should form into the cerebrum and the spinal cord, fails to completely enclose during the underlying long stretches of early stage improvement...6 pages/≈1650 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Research Paper |
- Current OHIP coverage of medication Medicine, Nursing Research PaperDescription: The current OHIP coverage of medication is the Canadian health insurance plan in the province of Ontario. The cover evolved in various steps under different names to the ultimate plan that was developed and named in 1972. Plan has also yielded other benefits including the provision of free medical services...7 pages/≈1925 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Research Paper |