Leadership Styles Health, Medicine, Nursing Research Paper (Research Paper Sample)
Pick two different leadership styles. Compare and Contrast the two leadership styles using the following questions:
• Minimum of 3 Reference page no reference older than 5 years
• In text Citation
• 5 pages not including title and reference page
1. Define Leader
2. Define Leadership
3. Define each of two leadership styles you have chose.
4. Describe and compare each type of leadership style Leader characteristics.
5. What are the strengths and weaknesses of each the styles? .
6. Impact of the styles on the climate/environment of the work place.
7. What advantage or disadvantage do these styles have in the work place?
8. In what situations is each style appropriate and not appropriate? Why?
9. Which of the two leadership styles could you see yourself using in a leadership position?
10. Why do you feel one leadership style is better than the other leadership style?
Course Name and Number
Assignment Due Date
A leader is someone with vested authority to manage a particular group of people or organizations towards achieving a specific goal.
Leadership is the art of motivating people to act towards attaining a common goal. It is also the act of managing a particular group or organization towards achieving a common goal. In a business setting, leadership can mean directing employees and colleagues with a strategy to meet the needs of the company (Al Khajeh, 2018).
Define each of the two leadership styles you have chosen
The two types of leadership style I have chosen are democratic leadership and autocratic leadership. Autocratic leadership, also known as authoritarian leadership, is a style in which the management demonstrates control over an organization's decisions without consulting the team (Bhatti et al., 2020). The leader has almost all the authority and power to make decisions and disregards the opinions of the junior staff. Leaders using this leadership style do not provide the employees with justifications for their assigned tasks. Instead, they have to follow their leaders' instructions without asking questions. Under autocratic leadership, there is a complete centralization of power, with the leader developing all policies and controls (Dyczkowska & Dyczkowski, 2018). Employees are required to follow the rules and guidelines of the organizations strictly. In this style, the motivating factor is an organized form of rewards and punishments given to workers.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to learning styles:
- Summary of the article. Management Book Report Assignment. Description: The article starts with an introduction that brings to light, agile project management. Here, agile principles are touted as the preferred approach to accomplishing tasks in set timelines. ...2 pages/≈550 words | Harvard | Management | Book Report |
- Remote Learning Reflection Communications & Media EssayDescription: As a student, my remote learning experience has been quite engaging, compared to when I was attending regular classes. To get through with it effectively, I had to be more self-disciplined than I was before. I realized that studying online requires more self-motivation and proper time management....3 pages/≈825 words | MLA | Communications & Media | Essay |
- Transformation, transactional, and charismatic leadership EssayDescription: While transformational leadership and charismatic leadership are almost synonymous in terms of their characteristics, transactional leadership is different. The focus of transactional leadership on exchanges or transactions between the leader and followers sets it apart from the other two...2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Management | Essay |