2 pages/≈550 words
Health, Medicine, Nursing
American Nurses Association: Ethical Dilemma (NR328) (Research Paper Sample)
You are required to use the American Nurses Association code of ethics as a reference in your RUA paper. Their website is http://nursingworld(dot)org. You will find code of ethic principles and will need to cite them in your paper.source..
Although nursing careers are fulfilling, they are not without their share of challenges like other careers. Regardless of their area of specialization or accreditation, nurses face a range of ethical dilemmas every day in all settings. There is need to understand what is the meaning of ethics in the modern healthcare professionals and some of the ethical dilemmas they face in the ever changing healthcare settings.
While there is no right or wrong decision or answer to the various ethical issues that nurses encounter in the modern complex healthcare settings, there are principles which guide these answers and decisions that they make. These regulatory principles are there to ensure that highest standards of ethics are maintained (Hunt, 2003). The international Council of Nurses' ICN Code of Ethics states that despite the core responsibilities of promoting health statuses of patients, they should also respect their rights from cultural rights to the right of being treated respectfully, as part of the responsibilities (ICN). Additionally, the code states that the nurses have a professional responsibility to all people that require care, which further specifies that nurses also render their services to families and communities and not only to individuals (ICN).
With the modern technology, the ethical dilemmas that nurses faces in various settings have increased and bec...
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Women rights Essays
- Modest proposal Essays
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to ethical dilemma:
- Ethical Dilemma that Exists in Pediatric Acute Care SettingsDescription: Examine and describe an ethical dilemma that exists in pediatric acute care settings, particularly those involving genetics/genomics issues...2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Research Paper |
- International Relations: The Security Dilemma Research Description: Analyze the position of status quo states in the anarchic system - the threats they confront and the dilemmas they must manage...3 pages/≈825 words | 2 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Describe an Ethical Dilemma in the Nursing ProfessionDescription: Analyze the moral, ethical, and legal implications utilized in this situation. Describe your role as a moral agent or advocate for this specific issue. ...4 pages/≈1100 words | 4 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |