Verbal Communication Research And Presentation Reflection (Research Paper Sample)
From quick conversations to phone calls, meetings, formal presentations, and sales pitches, you must employ effective verbal communication skills at all times. While verbal interactions are extremely common, they can also be stressful. Every interaction contains the potential for success...and the danger of failure. To be “on your game” at all times requires purposeful practice, reflection, and adjustment based on input and feedback. No matter what your verbal communication skills are, you can improve them.
In this assignment, you will develop and deliver a verbal communication for the scenario you have identified. Your communication should match your challenge or opportunity. For example, if your challenge is an interview for a new position, you may choose to record yourself answering a few key questions that might be posed by the interviewer.
For the purposes of this course, your video presentation should not exceed five minutes. (Your scenario might require a much longer presentation, but limit your response to the key five minutes in this case.)
INSTRUCTIONS For Part 1, create and deliver a verbal communication (recording your presentation for submission to your instructor) that aligns with your Strategic Communication Plan.
WEEK 1 IT'S A DIGITAL WORLD
For Part 2, reflect on your presentation, and document your preparation and how you used feedback to refine your verbal communication.
PART 1 - VERBAL COMMUNICATION (VIDEO) 1. Develop and Deliver Your Verbal Communication a) Use an impactful opening statement to engage, set context, and/or create relevant meaning for the audience b) Use compelling stories/statistics/facts to support your key message c) Where appropriate, make your request of the audience clear and actionable d) Use visual aids (where necessary) that support and complement your verbal communication, but which do not drive the conversation e) Limit recordings to no more than 5 minutes
2. Demonstrate Professional Presence a) Be authentic and genuine in your delivery b) Use the appropriate tone and vocabulary for your audience c) Use body language and eye contact effectively d) Speak concisely with clarity and confidence e) Build rapport and connect with your audience to grow the relationship f) Dress appropriately and employ an appropriate camera frame (with a neutral background that is free of distractions) g) Employ only professionally presented and appropriately prepared visual aids, if used
PART 2 - REFLECTION AND FEEDBACK (WRITTEN) 3. Reflect on Your Presentation Preparation a) Describe the approach you took to plan for your presentation b) Explain how you rehearsed for the presentation c) Offer suggestions for how you might better prepare in the future 4. Use Feedback to Refine Your Communication a) Describe or list the feedback you received on your verbal communication from the week 8 Discussion Board
4. Use Feedback to Refine Your Communication a) Describe or list the feedback you received on your verbal communication from the week 8 Discussion Board b) Explain how you used the feedback to revise and improve your message and/or delivery
Your Institution of Affiliation
September 13, 2017
In preparing for my presentation, I started by researching and knowing full well, what type of interaction I would be doing, since what I did was a kind of a speech, I prepared by vocalizing as well as memorizing what I had to say. Even beforehand, I already had this scenario rehearsed in front of the mirror and I tried to recite my speech all while observing myself and trying to understand myself in the perspective of the audience CITATION Gar10 \l 1033 (Gardner & Barefoot, 2010). Nonetheless, I believe that one major flaw of my speech rehearsal is the lack of other people who could watch you and give positive feedbacks. This is because of the fac
- Health Education ProgramDescription: Health Education Program: America is experiencing a serious epidemic in childhood obesity Education Research Paper...2 pages/≈550 words| 3 Sources | APA | Education | Research Paper |
- Mamalita: An Adoption Memoir, The Book’s BackgroundDescription: Getting through an adoption process can never be as harrowing and enthralling as depicted in this book by Jessica O'Dwyer...5 pages/≈1375 words| 3 Sources | APA | Education | Research Paper |
- Global Distance EducationDescription: Key elements, concerns, issues and evaluation of international or global distance education education/program ...10 pages/≈2750 words| 16 Sources | APA | Education | Research Paper |