ECS 110 Wiki Research: Discrimination The Female Gender (Research Paper Sample)
At the end of this Chapter, you will be able to:
Apply the basic framework for understanding oppression from week 8 to gender/sexism.
Develop a more complex understanding of how gender/sexism are produced.
Chapter 5 - Gender/Sexism
Cut and Paste this template into your wiki. As you read/view/think, add your thoughts/connections/ideas under these headings to flesh out your ideas on how sexism works. Feel free to look to outside resources to help you understand this content.
1. Define Sexism
2. How is the privileged ‘self' produced in Gender? Who is the dominant identity?
How can we trace the production of dominance in terms of gender?
How can we make visible the dominant group in terms of gender?
Highlight the ways that ‘normal' is produced in terms of gender...
3. How is the marginalized ‘other' produced in Gender? Who is the marginalized identity?
How can we trace the production of gender oppression?
Trace how the marginalized group is made hyper-visible.
Name and unpack the myths and stereotypes about the marginalized group in terms of gender.
4. Understanding the effects of oppression
What are systemic effects of sexism?
What are personal effects of sexism?
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to gender role:
- Geraldine B. Roman: First Transgender In The PhilippinesDescription: Are there any leaders past or present, at the university, in your community, family or society-at-large who you greatly admire? ...1 page/≈550 words | 7 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Researech and Describe Social Values and Gender in 1920sDescription: Does the following passage from F.Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby reinforce or undermine traditional notions of gender and patriarchal ideology? ...2 pages/≈550 words | 1 Source | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Should Province Of Alberta Remove Sex/Gender From Driver's LicensesDescription: You must cite at least one peer-reviewed academic source. You may also choose to cite news reports, popular media or other sources...4 pages/≈1100 words | 3 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Other (Not Listed) |