2 pages/≈550 words
Differentiated Instructions for Deaf Student (Research Paper Sample)
Compose a essay on differentiated instructed with a deaf student. Cite 5 sources. That support the differentiated instruction for that student. source..
DIFFERENTIATED INSTRUCTIONS FOR DEAF STUDENT
(December 13, 2011)
Differentiated Instructions for Deaf Student
Every child has the right to education in spite of being disability; in fact, disability is not inability. Differentiation entails providing students with a range of modes to access education in terms of curriculum, instructions and assessment; work together and participate in the lessons; express what they have learnt; and understand and comprehend the lesson in class (Bartlett & Power 1997). Every student is different in the style of learning, needs, potency and abilities and hence every lesson should be developed to cater for these differences.
The strategies that can be useful in assisting the deaf in understanding the lesson would include role playing, mock debates and skits. The teacher should always differentiate roles to the students to ensure every student participates. The roles should include the different signs to assist in understanding and with different complexity levels (Baynton, 1996). The students should also be involved in the creating the set, holding up cue cards, and making on the spot costumes. The teacher should help the students develop a work sheet that is appropriate for organizing the activities and thoughts during and after performing. The students must also be motivated during performance and humor must be incorporated in the role playing, mock debates and skits to keep the students alert. For students who forget their lines then they should be allowed to improvise it but academically to enhance their understanding (Elliott, et al. 1998).
Reading for the deaf may be a challenge but if done perfectly it will enhance their progress in education. Student should be assigned materials to read in groups or in pairs; this is effective since students will help each other in what they understand since in explaining will make it stick more. Students can also be given assignments...
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
- The yellow wallpaper Essays
- Fear Essays
- Freedom of speech Essays
- Women rights Essays
- Modest proposal Essays
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Physical Development and Health in Early ChildhoodDescription: High School writing level 5 pages Education Format Style English (U.S.) Research Paper. Physical Development and Health in Early Childhood...5 pages/≈1375 words | 3 Sources | APA | Education | Research Paper |
- Twins: A double take on infant developmentDescription: Education Research Paper: Twins: A double take on infant development...4 pages/≈1100 words | 1 Source | APA | Education | Research Paper |
- THE BEHAVIOR OF BONOBOS AND COMMON CHIMPSDescription: Undergraduate Research Paper: THE BEHAVIOR OF BONOBOS AND COMMON CHIMPS...3 pages/≈825 words | 4 Sources | APA | Education | Research Paper |