Security, Privacy And Trust (Research Paper Sample)
- any visual aids should be included.
- 4 written pages.
- 12 inch font, new times Roman font, APA format.
- ABSTRACT should contain main message in form of a definition of the problem and conclusion at very high level (short abstract 250-300 words)
- INTRODUCTION (reader should have a good idea of where you are going to take them)
Thank you for your time and assistance!
Security and Privacy
Online security or privacy is one of the major concerns people have nowadays. It involves the right to store, reproduce, use or save personal data or information, and to not let anyone view, share or store it without one’s written or verbal permission. Unfortunately, hundreds to thousands of usernames and passwords are stolen every week, and people remain concerned about how to protect their payment details on the web. Experts like Wei Chang and Jie Wu think that privacy no longer exists on the web and that hackers are always into finding ways of how to steal personal details, especially payment details (Chang & Wu, 2016). The purpose of this paper is to highlight the advantages of security on the web. It should be noticed that hackers credit card details, PayPal IDs and passwords and banking details are stolen in a large number and that hackers sometimes pretend to be your friends or relatives. What they want is to steal your data by trapping you through false means and by obtaining your information via personal profiles and IDs. A significant number of spam emails are sent to users every single day, and there is no way to get rid of those useless and meaningless emails even if you adjust your account’s settings. We will talk why it is important to avoid sharing personal information with anyone while surfing the web. Compared to ordinary people, social media profiles and email IDs and passwords of businessmen are targeted in a large number.
In the age of likes, shares, snaps, tweets, and hashtags, online privacy seems to be non-existent. People share their experiences on social media and upload loads of photographs on personal blogs every day. Similarly, companies and brands use these platforms to target potential customers worldwide and to expand their networks. They consider privacy and security a legislative hindrance while doing business on the web. In the meantime, consumers are wary of data scandals and privacy breaches, and they do not understand who to trust for buying their favorite products on the web. In simple words, it can be said that the world of the internet is unsafe and online markets are ripe for disruption. Misuse of personal data is done to impact the profitability of companies and to transfer money from one account to another illegally. The level of privacy and security on the internet is too low because most of the people do not know how to protect user information. Most often, people do not even know why it is essential to change their passwords once a while and how to avoid being scammed on the web.
In 1997, the Information Infrastructure Task Force (IITF) was created under the supervision of then-President Clinton in which it was clearly mentioned that people should be aware of why they should not disclose personal or identifiable details (Chuleeporn, 2010). By the end of the 1990s, the internet gained fame the world over, and companies started establishing new policies regarding how to expand their businesses to gain more and more profits through personal blogs, websites and social networking sites. At the same time, the common people have increased their dependence on social media and other online platforms, and it has been found that they love spending more time on the internet than sitting with family and friends and discussing life. Such individuals should be familiar with the significance of ensuring their safety, privacy, and security on the internet.
According to Wei Chang and Jie Wu, hackers collaborate to keep an e
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Death penalty Essays
- Cold war Essays
- Song analysis Essays
- Animal cruelty Essays
- Kill a mockingbird Essays
- Homeless Essays
- Salem witch trials Essays
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
- The yellow wallpaper Essays
- Fear Essays
- Freedom of speech Essays
- Women rights Essays
- Modest proposal Essays
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to social networking:
- Networking RelationshipsDescription: Dr. Charles Woods was the person I had to reach out to, and he was the referring teacher in this project. Active networking is integral for career growth, and it involves meeting new people and getting a chance to know more about their interests....3 pages/≈825 words | 3 Sources | APA | Management | Essay |
- Challenge Of Culture Its Impact On Faith / Spirituality / Social JusticeDescription: You can include the theme of wearing religious garb including the hijab. Can use outside sources and try to connect the topic to some of your course work where it is appropriate. ...2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Practicum Experience: Application of Theory and KnowledgeDescription: Clinical placement is a grand opportunity for one to apply knowledge learned in class and to develop skills. It is a great feeling when one gets to diagnosis and to treat a patient by use of clinical guidelines as well as preceptor’s recommendations....4 pages/≈1100 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |