Unit IIIProject Marketing Plan Project:Phase1.Company:Proctor & Gamble (Research Paper Sample)
Unit III Project
Marketing Plan Project: Phase 1
Company: Proctor & Gamble
It is important for marketers to create a marketing plan to provide focus for their brand, product, or company. A detailed plan prepares a business to launch innovative new products that are designed to increase sales to current customers and to reach potential customers within their target market segments.
The marketing plan is designed to be subsumed under the broader company-wide strategic plan. The marketing plan documents how the organization's strategic objectives are to be achieved through specific marketing strategies and tactics. The customer is the focus and starting point of the marketing plan. The marketing plan is an efficient communications tool that is linked to the plans of other organizational departments.
The marketing plan consists of the sections listed below. • Executive Summary
• Situation Analysis
o Market Summary
o SWOT Analysis (i.e., analysis of strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats)
o Product Offerings
Over the course of the next several units, you will create a marketing plan using research from many data bases (e.g., Mergent Online database, ABI/INFORM Collection database). Each project assignment will enable you to complete a portion of the marketing plan, and the completed marketing plan will be submitted in Unit VII.
Company: Proctor & Gamble
After choosing one of the aforementioned companies, you will research, analyze, and create the marketing plan sections described below for your company of choice.
• Situation Analysis: Using the sections below, analyze the competitive market, the company’s targeted market segments, and how your company’s capabilities stack up to the competition.
• Market Summary: Describe, in detail, the target market segments by determining their segment size, segment needs, segment growth, and segment trends. Using more detail to describe these market segments will prove to be beneficial as a basis for the marketing strategies and tactical programs presented later in your marketing plan.
• SWOT Analysis: Include the sections described below.
o Strengths: In this section, list and describe your company’s internal physical and financial capabilities that can enable it to reach its stated objectives.
o Weaknesses: In this section, list the internal elements that may prevent or slow your company's ability to achieve its stated objectives.
o Opportunities: In this section, list the external and potentially profitable areas in which your company may find an interest in which to target, engage, and perform.
o Threats: In this section, list the external and potentially unfavorable trials that can negatively affect your company’s business model and competitiveness.
• Competition: List your company’s main competitors, and describe what positions they occupy in the market in which your company wishes to compete. Also, this section is where you should provide a summary of the competitors’ strategies.
• Product Offerings: Review the company’s products or product lines, and identify their main features.
• Distribution: Describe and provide an overview of each of your company’s product distribution channels.
Your assignment will be a minimum of three pages in length. Ensure that you introduce the company you have chosen, and identify each section with a heading in your assignment. You should reference at least three sources to support this section of your marketing plan. As aforementioned, your sources may also include outside sources as well. All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced and follow APA formatting, and quoted or paraphrased material must have accompanying in-text citations.
Proctor and Gamble Company
Proctor and Gamble Company
Proctor and Gamble Company, also commonly known as P&G, is an American based multinational company that deals majorly in the production of consumer goods. It has its headquarters in Cincinnati, Ohio-United States. P&G was founded by William Procter and James Gamble in 1837. Today, it is the leading company that manufactures and supplies several consumer products all over the world. In this study, the writer explores the company’s SWOT and situational analyses, its target market segmentation, product offerings, distribution channels, competition, and a summary of its competitors’ strategies.
Situational Analysis of Proctor and Gamble Company
While conducting a situational analysis, it is imperative to incorporate the political, social, economic, legal, and environmental aspects in this analysis. Politically, the firm is an active participant in any political processes by engaging in the formulation of policies. Moreover, P&G has outlets only in those nations that are politically stable. In such a peaceful environment, it can operate efficiently and effectively to meet the customers’ demands. Economically, most nations’ GDPs are rising, which increases the citizens’ power to purchase P&G’s products (Lucа, 2016).
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to salem witch trials:
- Youth being tried as an adult. Youth Criminal Justice Act.Description: In a democratic country, the constitution has laws determining how the executive, the legislature, and the judicial systems are operated. It gives jurisdiction to the three arms of government on how they should carry out their duties within the state. ...6 pages/≈1650 words | APA | Law | Essay |
- Rough Draft Quantitative Research Critique and Ethical ConsiderationsDescription: Beitoni (2018) analyzes evidence-based research and practices that explore the benefits of yoga to cancer patients. The study explains how yoga therapy improves the health and wellness of patients. The study demonstrates how knowledge of the benefits of yoga is beneficial in integrating yoga therapy...4 pages/≈1100 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Coursework |
- Psychopharmacology - Research Psychology Essay PaperDescription: Autism is defined as a developmental and neurobiological disorder that results in lifetime disability and has these core clinical features that include impairment in social interaction, verbal and non-verbal communication, and repetitive as well as stereotyped patterns of behavior and activities....10 pages/≈2750 words | APA | Psychology | Essay |