ETH501: Business Ethics Module 4 Case (Research Paper Sample)
Corporate and Organizational Ethics
The Magazine of Corporate Responsibility is an online periodical published quarterly since 1987 to promote ethical business practices among professionals.
- Start with an article published in the magazine and use it as a topic for a research paper.
In previous modules, you have been provided with templates that have specific and ordered subject headings. This time the organization of the submission is up to you, and only a basic template is provided. After three modules of work, you are prepared and ready for the challenge. Rise to the occasion and create a flowing and research-forward case that highlights your critical thinking and style.
Relying on a single resource is not adequate at this level of study. As a scholar and professional, you have a responsibility to support research with appropriate attribution. Every new point requires support. Today’s leaders are required to have a broad knowledge base that they continue to develop throughout their careers and lives.
Using at least two articles from the Trident Online Library’s full-text databases (such as Academic Search Complete, Business Source Complete, and/or ProQuest Central), research the chosen topic and create a well-balanced 3- to 3½-page submission that demonstrates evidence of critical thinking. Remember that this means your paper should not be just a summary of the articles and book chapters that you read, but rather an in-depth analysis that is supported by quality, graduate-level research.
Do not use any quotations. Since you are engaging in research, be sure to cite and reference the sources in APA format. The paper should be written in the third person; this means words like “I”, “we,” and “you” are not appropriate. For more information see Differences Between First and Third Person.
Use the attached APA-formatted template (ETH501 Case4) to create your submission.
Your submission will include:
- Trident University International’s cover page
- A 3½-page paper with APA citations (2- to 3-sentence introduction, body, 2- to 3-sentence conclusion)
- The reference list page in APA format
Trident University International
Business Ethics Module 4 Case
ETH501: Business Ethics
Date of Submission
Business Ethics Module 4 Case
Uber is one of the biggest transport firms in the world today with operations in numerous countries around the world. An article by O’Brien (2017) explains why there is a need to change the company’s “bro” culture. This paper uses the case of Uber to explore the significance of ethical culture in the performance of an organization.
When Uber appointed Dara Khosrowshahi as its new CEO in 2017, it was expected that he would change the toxic culture in the company. However, as informed by the article, the new cultural norms outlined by Khosrowshahi may not make it easier for employees to behave ethically (O’Brien, 2017). The author points out that the absence of ethical principles that are required to shape culture is bound to make it hard for the company to stomp out “bro” culture. Only one of Khosrowshahi’s eight cultural norms identifies desired behaviors. The author underpins the need to tie ethical principles to cultural norms in order to create a work environment where it is easy to behave ethically.
Significance of ethical culture
The development of ethical culture is necessary for favorable organizational outcomes. According to Riivari and Lämsä (2014), ethical culture in an organization contributes significantly to innovativeness. This means that if a firm intends to be more innovative, it has to consider integrating ethical principles in its policies and operations. Innovativeness is important in today’s competitive business environment particularly for a company that’s dependent on technology. Improved innovativeness in Uber would mean that the company would compete more effectively and consequently perform better. Given that ethical culture is positively associated with innovativeness, it is necessary for Uber to integrate ethical principles in its culture as recommended by O’Brien (2017). Riivari and Lämsä (2014) also point out that the behavior of a company’s top management is associated with organizational innovativeness. Given that Khosrowshahi has only one norm related to behavior, it is deducible that the innovativeness in the company may be hindered.
Ethical culture is also associated with positive employee outcomes. According to an article by Ruiz-Palomino, Martínez-Cañas, and Fontrodona (2013), ethical culture in an organization was found to be positively related to employee intention to stay, commitment, and job satisfaction. It is important to note that
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Capital punishment Essays
- Imperialism Essays
- Childhood obesity Essays
- Nursing career Essays
- Physician assisted suicide Essays
- Ethnography Essays
- Dance Essays
- Depression Essays
- Conflict Essays
- Scientific Essays
- Human rights Essays
- Career Essays
- A rose for emily Essays
- Personal experiences Essays
- Things fall apart Essays
- Abraham lincoln Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to ethics essays:
- What are Religious Beliefs, Morals, Ethics, and Laws?Description: Morals, laws, ethics, and religious beliefs are purposed to help individuals cohabit. These external forces are responsible for governing and guiding human conduct in a particular society or practice....5 pages/≈1375 words | 4 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Ethics Writing Assignment Description: The globalization of business operations among different organizations coupled with the rising concern for sustainable growth and development of businesses calls demands the integration of the concept of corporate social responsibility by such entities....2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | Harvard | Management | Essay |
- Intervention and Reflection: Basic Issues in Medical EthicsDescription: The doctor should tell the patient the truth about their state. It is important that the patient knows their medical status, irrespective of how bad it may be...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Coursework |