Fruitvale Station. Visual & Performing Arts Research Paper (Research Paper Sample)
Give this your all... I am looking for at least 1500 words. POST AND REPLY!!!
FRUITVALE STATION, dir. Ryan Coogler, USA 2013. POST AND REPLY!!!
You may watch online cellphone/news footage, read about Oscar Grant. Fee free to read NYT and New Yorker magazine reviews of this film. Please use citations if you quote anything from another source.
Know that Ryan Coogler spent many months with the Grant family, to get to know them and represent the family in an authentic way. They came to trust him and his intentions on telling this story. Not everything in the film happened in real life, for example the scene with the dog was written into the script. However, Coogler painstakingly recreated the scene in the BART station, recreating the camera angles and points of view from cell-phone videos and eye witness accounts.Know that Kyan uoogier spent many months with the Grant family, to get to know them and represent the family in an authentic way. They came to trust him and his intentions on telling this story. Not everything in the film happened in real life, for example the scene with the dog was written into the script. However, Coogler painstakingly recreated the scene in the BART station, recreating the camera angles and points of view from cell-phone videos and eye witness accounts.
You may structure your DF any way you want,but should touch on every question and feel free to add your own ideas, observations.
1. Please consider the overall look at feel of "Fruitvale Station", how does the style of the film contribute to it's impact? Please discuss all aspects of MES, use of: editing, sound, narrative structure, and form.
2. How does the use of sound: sound track, sound effects impact our perception of this story?
3. What is sum impact of showing the last twenty four hours in the life of the main character, why structure the film in this particular way?
4. Discuss the performances, the character of Oscar Grant and what the filmmaker was trying to convey.
5. Fruitvale Station opens with a video clip that could be called the climax of the story. What are the cinematic implications? How does it function as a storytelling device? How does this clip (reality) impact our experience of the film, our understanding of the real event?
6. Does the filmmaker offer any assumptions about the guilt or innocence of the BART ( Bay Area Rapid Transit) Policeman who shot Oscar?
7. As a cultural artifact, what are some of the things the film tells us about the time we are living in? What are the specific scenes that demonstrate your responses?
8. Is this is an important film, why?
Released in 2013, Fruitvale Station is a biographical drama film directed and written by Ryan Coogler. The story is based on the events that led to the death of Oscar Grant. In 2009, this 22-year-old African American was shot by BART Police Officer Johannes Mehserle in Oakland, California.
The American film (meaning Fruitvale Station) basically shows how the last 24 hours of Oscar Grant’s life had been, what types of things he did and how he lost his life. Throughout the movie, we can see that this victim of police was given tough times. The core themes of Fruitvale Station are gang culture, police brutality, family, romance, injustice, and racism. Out of all these themes, injustice, police brutality and racism are the best ones. This is because the film reveals how African Americans are treated and what leads them to lose their valuables and even their lives.
In different parts of the United States, African Americans are not given as many rights as are given to other people or locals.
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to art essays:
- Strategic Management Research Journal, Part 3 Management EssayDescription: One of the easiest ways of determining whether a strategy is effective in an organization is by linking the strategy with set goals and considering the plan to achieve the goals through what means. With all these considerations taken care of, an approach is then said to be effective if allocated resources...3 pages/≈825 words | APA | Management | Essay |
- Strategic Management Research Journal, Part 4 Business EssayDescription: Caterpillar Inc. is a well-known manufacturer of heavy machinery equipment such as diesel engines, bulldozers, trucks, and wheel loaders. The company offers different services that include funding and insurance in addition to the maintenance and training of personnel. The company has diversified...3 pages/≈825 words | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Self-Portrait with Broad-Brimmed Hat: 1907 Arts EssayDescription: Diego Rivera is contributed significantly to the history of muralism in Mexico, a public art initiative that became common during the beginning of the Mexican Revolution in the early 1920s (Rivera, 2012). He was also known for his famous painting, with some reflecting some of the social issues affecting...2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Visual & Performing Arts | Essay |