Connecting Global Events To Transnational Feminist Studies (Reaction Paper Sample)
Description: 3-4 page analysis (1000 words, bibliography not included in the word count) of 4 newspaper articles covering 2 different contemporary global events (2 newspaper articles per event) that are connected to transnational feminist actions, politics, and knowledge.
1. Browse several newspapers to find their coverage of international events that are connected to transnational feminisms. Consider newspapers, such as Al Jazeera, the BBC, The New York Times, The Guardian, Washington Post, Associated Press, Reuters, and others. Research the credibility of the news source to decide which source to use.
2. Choose two events (migration/cheap labor and LGBT) you want to research. Find another news source that covers contents about the same or related event. Compare and contrast the two articles per event and present your own analyses.
(Choose 2 contemporary global newspaper articles about Migration/cheap labor, and 2 contemporary global newspaper articles about LGBT and transgender. )
3. Connect your analyses to the class readings and cite at least one class reading in your paper.
Name of instructor
Date of submission
Analysis of immigration cheap labor and LGBT rights in the USA
Immigration has become a delicate topic in the USA in the recent past. There have been raging debates on the viability and impact of immigrants into the country. The focus of President Donald Trump's campaign was eliminating immigrants in the United States. In light of the Lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender law, the debate has also been raised from all over the globe. Former president of the United States, Barrack Obama signed into law a bill allowing gay marriages in 2015. Since then, they have been accorded the rights and freedoms that have been received both positively and negatively. Following these debates, cases for and against immigration and LGBT rights cannot be overlooked. This paper puts into account an analysis of articles published in the papers regarding these issues.
Article A: Somin, Ilya.My new “US News and World Report” column on harm caused by immigration restrictions. Washington Post 21st April 2017
Somin argues that there is a need for the government to consider the impact of abolishing immigration in the United States. The cons outweigh the disadvantages. If the country goes without these people, there will be a shortage of labor. Manual works are the leading sources of income due to its large
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to feminist essays:
- ENGL303 Feminist Criticism: Equality In Different SocietiesDescription: Most writers currently strive to elevate women by elaborating their struggle towards the achievement of equity and equality in different societies...1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Feminist Evolutionary History: Women And SocietyDescription: The role of women in the society has significantly changed over the years. This is with the revolution of the rights that women are accorded...7 pages/≈1925 words | 3 Sources | Harvard | Communications & Media | Essay |
- Feminist Criticism Research Assignment PapaerDescription: Does feminist criticism assist with the reader's understanding some of the major plot events in the novel? If so, where? If not, why not?...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |