Immigration (Reaction Paper Sample)
Format: Typed Size 12, Times New Roman font Double-spaced 1-inch margins throughout 2 to 3 pages in length
Government 2305 Assignment
You are to play the role of the hypothetical US representative described below:
Representative John Lee, Asian-American Republican, from the Texas Gulf Coast. The district is
45% Non-Hispanic White, 30% Hispanic, 15% African-American, and 10% Asian-American.
The district includes a mid-size town on the coast, many of whose residents work in nearby oil
refineries. Other residents work in tourism and the fishing industry. The district is slightly above
the state average both in average income and educational level. Some workers are unionized.
a) Based on the description of your assigned representative and district, which part(s) of the immigration reform proposal, if any, do you believe should be kept as is. Provide detailed reasons as to why this part(s) should be kept.
b) Which part(s) of the immigration reform proposal, if any, do you believe should be amended? Describe the change(s) you would make. Provide detailed reasons as to why this part(s) should be amended.
c) Which part(s) of the immigration reform proposal, if any, do you believe should be eliminated? Provide detailed reasons as to why this part(s) should be eliminated.
d) Based on how the proposal is currently written, would you vote for or against it? Why or why not?
Things to Include in Your Paper:
1) Introduction that states the purpose of the paper and an overview of what it is about.
2) Detailed responses to the above questions.
3) Conclusion to summarize the paper.
• Size 12, Times New Roman font
• 1-inch margins throughout
• 2 to 3 pages in length
Legislations on immigration are pegged upon four pillars. Some of them are seen to be tough and unfairly targeting immigrants to America. However, all these pillars are important as they are all geared towards ensuring a better and safer American society. One of the proposals that should be maintained is the introduction of tougher but fair laws (Schumer et al, p.3). This will ensure that there are no illegal immigrants coming through to the country. Having these laws will ensure that there is proper entry of immigrants through the border without any discrimination. This system will also ensure that identities of people are protected. Cases of theft of identity will be reduced drastically as a result of the introduction of such measures. This will also mean that those who have no authority to be in the country are not given work permits.
There are legislations that require amendment. This is because the framework of the legislation is representative of the need of the people, yet there are some issues that are ignored. For example, the pro...
- Lincoln on Leadership Research Assignment PaperDescription: Have analytical detail. An "ingredient" should be developed by at least one long paragraph and demonstrate a well thought out belief....3 pages/≈825 words | No Sources | MLA | History | Reaction Paper |
- Hitler: A Glimpse of His MindDescription: High School History Reaction Paper: Hitler: A Glimpse of His Mind...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | MLA | History | Reaction Paper |
- Indigenous Studies: Ethno-Ecocide Exam Questions ResearchDescription: What are “ethno-ecocide policies? What is the writer referring to when he compares opposition to these policies as asserting self-determination? ...7 pages/≈1925 words | 10 Sources | MLA | History | Reaction Paper |