Frontline: A Death in St. Augustine. Reaction Paper (Reaction Paper Sample)
Step 1: Watch Frontline: A Death in St. Augustine (Available at https://www(dot)pbs(dot)org/wgbh/frontline/film/death-in-st-augustine/ )
Step 2: Write a 4 page reaction essay in response to the video.
Reaction or response papers are usually assigned so that you'll consider carefully what you think or feel about something you've watched. The following guidelines are intended to be used for reacting to the video. While watching "A Death in St. Augustine," think about the following questions:
• How do you feel about what you are watching?
• What do you agree or disagree with?
• Does this video impact your views on domestic violence, and if so, how?
A reaction/response paper has an introduction, a body, and a conclusion.
(Remember, I must be able to see your analytical and critical thinking skills, as well as see that you have carefully watched this video.)
A Death in St. Augustine
A Death in St. Augustine
Watching “Frontline: A Death in St. Augustine” has made me realize that even law enforcers are not immune to domestic violence and that their victims are even more disadvantaged than ordinary victims of domestic violence. This is evident through the various women, one of them being a police officer herself, who were highlighted in the video as victims of domestic violence, suffering in the hands of people who are meant to serve and protect. I believe that criminal investigations involving police officers as the main suspects are surrounded by a lot of uncertainty and complexities, which makes it important to involve an independent party who is not biased.
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to police brutality:
- Burning Rate. (2006). Fundamentals of Fire PhenomenaDescription: A resident claims that the former husband opened the window secretly, late night, and poured a flammable liquid into the residence. He then ignited it and ran away. However, from these photos, it is not clear whether it was him or someone else. ...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Life Sciences | Essay |
- Research the Broken Window Theory as it relates to police response to crime Description: It is a common assumption that an area characterized by proliferating social disorders such as the explicit use of illegal drugs, partaking of alcoholic drinks in public, prostitution and other forms of disorderly behaviors, has a high rate of criminal activities....2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Assignment: Cooper's Ethical Decision-Making ModelDescription: This is relative to the fact that most of the decisions that one has to make are faced with ethical standards and the need to uphold the work relations and complexities that come with the various needs of the people that they are serving ...3 pages/≈825 words | 4 Sources | APA | Management | Essay |