Management Science and Analytics Reflection (Reaction Paper Sample)
Prepare a two-page critical thinking course reflection report (excluding title page). Write about something new that you have learned and use the 5W’s (Who, What, Why When, Where) and the How you plan to apply the Management Science and Analytics topics in your future career paths. Describe some of the tools and techniques you have learned in this course that will help you make the best managerial decisions to maximize profits, minimize costs, and help shape strategic, tactical, and operational planning levels in the organizationsource..
In this course, I have learned that even when I am not part of the business world, I can still be confronted by the idea of data. I cannot neglect the fact that data is everywhere and that it comes in varying forms and sizes. For example, I generate data by visiting my social media profiles such as Facebook, by doing Google searches, by sending tweets and by downloading my favorite apps and games (Saxena & Srinivasan, 2012). Data acts as a gold mine of information, and it needs to be gathered and analyzed carefully before it is presented to anyone else. I have gained knowledge of how to collect, evaluate and put data to good use.
In the future, I want to become a data scientist. I know that data scientists have to work with coding and databases, high-performance computing and parallel processing, as well as machine learning. Amazingly, I have learned all these things during my class, and I think that I can now process, analyze and interpret data according to the requirements of my customers or the employer.
In addition to classroom learning, I have practiced what I learned in the class by building basic apps for startups. I also developed a personal blog and explored the types of codes needed to build different web pages. I think that all of these things will help me start my professional life as a pro. For example, I have learned how to collect data from different sources and this information can be used in the times when I have to gather customer information on behalf of my employer.
In the business world, it is mandatory to make the best decisions that guarantee increased profits and reduced costs, as well as help shape strategic, tactical, and operational planning leve
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Teenage pregnancy Essays
- American dream Essays
- Immigration Essays
- Racism Essays
- Global warming Essays
- Religion Essays
- Gay marriage Essays
- Police brutality Essays
- Love Essays
- Animal testing Essays
- Obesity in america Essays
- World war 1 Essays
- Martin luther king Essays
- Minimum wage Essays
- Technology Essays
- Stereotyping Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to scientific essays:
- Same Sex Marriages Social Sciences Research Paper EssayDescription: Marriage brings people together. In most cases, these people are known to have made a conscious decision to be joined together. Societies around the world view marriage as an important and major issue. People all over the world consider marriage as marriage as the “key to the pursuit of happiness...5 pages/≈1375 words | 8 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- The Advancement of Nuclear Science Over the Last 100 YearsDescription: Despite a slow start at the turn of the 20th century, research intensified during the world war II which birthed atomic bombs and fast-tracked the knowledge of nuclear power and its subsequent application in other non-military fields....7 pages/≈1925 words | 3 Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- MODR 1760M Reasoning about Morality and Value. Social Sciences EssayDescription: The article presents the author’s argument, Chris MacDonald, concerning permitting human cloning, counteracting Patricia Baird’s argument on discouraging human cloning. ...5 pages/≈1375 words | 7 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |