Reading Reflection: Shitty First Drafts (Reaction Paper Sample)
In the "Shitty First Drafts," Anne Lamott talks about her methods of drafting, as well as the necessary bad writing she must get out of the way before she can write something good.
Select a QUOTE that speaks to your own writing process. Answer:
1. How do you feel about your first drafts as a writer?
2. What are your hopes for a writing workshop?
3. How has drafting gone for you in the past?
First drafts of any piece of writing are always rough drafts that need to be checked later for grammatical mistakes or typos. As a writer, I feel that first drafts are often sketchy but they do contain the ideas of the writer is trying to pass across. The first drafts need to be reshaped later in order to make them readable and clear. The first draft is mostly longer than the final draft that ends up being shortened. The writing in most times is terrible, hideous and incoherent compared to the final draft that is fine-tuned.
- Critical Physical Geography Reaction PaperDescription: The article titled Intervention: Critical physical geography by Rebecca Lave et al (2013) seeks to examine the relationship between physical and human geography...2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Reaction Paper |
- 12 Step Support GroupDescription: Literature and Language: 12 Step Support Group Reaction Paper...4 pages/≈1100 words | No Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Reaction Paper |
- Rewards and RecognitionDescription: Reaction Paper: Rewards and Recognition (Literature and Language)...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Reaction Paper |