Reading Reflection: Shitty First Drafts (Reaction Paper Sample)
In the "Shitty First Drafts," Anne Lamott talks about her methods of drafting, as well as the necessary bad writing she must get out of the way before she can write something good.
Select a QUOTE that speaks to your own writing process. Answer:
1. How do you feel about your first drafts as a writer?
2. What are your hopes for a writing workshop?
3. How has drafting gone for you in the past?
First drafts of any piece of writing are always rough drafts that need to be checked later for grammatical mistakes or typos. As a writer, I feel that first drafts are often sketchy but they do contain the ideas of the writer is trying to pass across. The first drafts need to be reshaped later in order to make them readable and clear. The first draft is mostly longer than the final draft that ends up being shortened. The writing in most times is terrible, hideous and incoherent compared to the final draft that is fine-tuned.
- Listening to a Tidepool, Synoptic Climatology, Social Vulnerability to Environmental HazardsDescription: The author begins by acknowledging the exhilaration that comes with the expectation of something new upon visiting a new place...4 pages/≈1100 words | No Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Reaction Paper |
- i need reader response or reaction paper about "something old, something new" by joyce sween. . .Description: Undergraduate writing level 1 page Literature and Language Format Style English (U.S.) Reaction Paper. i need reader response or reaction paper about "something old, something new" by joyce sweeney...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Reaction Paper |
- Systems Thinking Assignment: Paul Van Riper's Big VictoryDescription: Systems thinking is a way of addressing issues or finding solutions by looking at the bigger picture as a composition of smaller entities having its own task...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Reaction Paper |