SOC-100 Short Answer Quiz 2: Similarities and the Differences (Other (Not Listed) Sample)
Complete the quiz in a Word document. This is an open book quiz. The answer to each question must be 100-125 words.
1. What Life Course stage are you currently in according to the textbook? Analyze the stage based on your own experience. What are the similarities and the differences?
2. Use the concepts of dramaturgy to analyze an everyday situation at work, school, or family. Include the concepts of impressions management, sign-vehicles, team-work, or face-saving behaviors.
3. From the interactionist perspective discuss how you engage in your “personal bubble” using the four “distance zones.”
4. Give a brief discussion of three of the main agents of socialization in your life. Which one was the most influential and why?
Soc-100 Short Answer Questions
Soc-100 Short Answer Questions
After reading chapter three of the book, am currently in the Middle years, which range from 30 years to 65 years, because am currently 36 years old. The book talks about how women in the middle ages can be able to multitask, hence earning themselves titles ranging from superwomen, supermoms and super wives. From the analysis I did on the stage that I am in life, based on my life experience, I am at that middle age stage. I am able to be all the women listed above, although I sometimes need help to be them. There are several similarities and differences that I see between the existing groups. Firstly, for the later middle years, it can be seen that people have increased levels of death and health issues compared to those at their middle ages. For the middle ages, people live to achieve their dreams and some even get their first long time jobs.
Dramaturgy refers to a sociological point of view that determines the way we interact with people around us. An example of my daily experience that makes me think about dramaturgy is the experience of my place of work. I work for a retirement center in Georgia state as the office manager under the business department. My place
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to sociological imagination:
- Structural Functionalist, Conflict and Symbolic Interaction Theories on FamilyDescription: Please post a 2 to 3 page reflection paper here on either the topic of "Family" or the topic of "Health Care", or any related subtopic. You may not restate what you wrote about in the discussion forums. ...3 pages/≈825 words | No Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Shanghai Museum: Analysis Related To The TopicDescription: Some days ago, I got a chance to visit the Shanghai Museum, which is situated in China’s Huangpu District of Shanghai. It is one of the best art museums in China and features more than 110,000 pieces of bronze, furniture, calligraphy, and ceramics...2 pages/≈550 words | 1 Source | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Analysis of Charles Pierre Baudelaire on PhotographyDescription: Charles Pierre Baudelaire stood a French writer and author and also recognized for art critic. In the paper, his opinion about photography is developed. ...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Visual & Performing Arts | Essay |