Discussion Board: Sexually Explicit Content
1. Read about the current legal trend outlawing "revenge porn" in the US (and internationally). What types of torts does revenge porn encompass? What are the damages? What are the potential defenses? Do you believe states are taking the right steps, or are there other remedies that would work better? How could this affect you as an employee? business owner? customer?
2. Imagine you have just received word that an investor is willing to help you start a business. What type of business would you start? What would be your dream? What would be your role in the business? Tell your fellow classmates about what kind of entreneur you would be.
3. Many of us know people who have had credit troubles. Often, consumers complain about constant phone calls from debt collectors, sometimes to the point of harassment, and people will take sometimes extraordinary steps to avoid these collectors. Comment on an experience you or someone you know has had with debt collection. After reading about the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, do you believe the limitations on debt collection are reasonable? Do you believe debt collectors follow these rules? How would you advise a friend who was having credit troubles now that you know a little about the law?
*Each of these questions should be answered as you are putting them on a discussion board and the answer of each question should be at least 150 words.
Question 1. Revenge Porn
Revenge porn is a malicious exposure of sexually explicit content without the knowledge of the affected party, by a vengeful ex-lover. The explicit materials are shared within the confines of a previously intimate relationship. There are three categories of torts, which include; intentional torts, negligence and strict liability. Therefore revenge porn falls under intentional torts. Still, under the intentional torts, there are sub-categories including defamation, trespass, fr
- How a Bill Becomes a Law EssayDescription: Through the legislative process, your proposal for the problem or concern may influence an idea for change into a law `...1 page/≈275 words| 2 Sources | Other | Law | Other (Not Listed) |
- Discussion Board: Sexually Explicit ContentDescription: Read about the current legal trend outlawing "revenge porn" in the US (and internationally). What types of torts does revenge porn encompass?...1 page/≈550 words| No Sources | Other | Law | Other (Not Listed) |