History of Space Elevators Research Assignment Outline (Other (Not Listed) Sample)
1. Using the outline "The Controversy of Genetically Modified Foods" as a outline sample to write an outline about space elevator using three articles below.
2. It should be written clearly that if a person who does not know anything about space elevator, after reading the outline, he should be clear about space elevator.
titles of three articles:
The History of the Space Elevator
Applications of the Space Elevator
* History of Space Elevators
* In ancient times the concept of space elevators had already been imagined
1 First mention of the same concept was in the book of Genesis where ancient civilization attempted to build the Tower of Babel
* Modern ideas and discovery of space elevators
1 More recently, the concept of space elevator proposed in 1895 by a space physicist known as Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
2 Later in 1960, engineer Leningrad and Yuri Artsutanov make a similar proposal
3 American engineer, Jerome Pearson rediscovers the concept in 1975
* How was the concept publicized?
1 Arthur Clarke brings the idea to public attention in 1978 through his novel Fountains of Paradise
2 Charles Sheffield writes a novel centered on the concept almost at the same time as Clarke
* What were the challenges and how were they overcome
1 The idea of elevators was an impossibility among earlier scientists since the analysis of its structure revealed that no material existed that was strong enough to build it.
2 Carbon nanotubes discovered in 1991, clearing the pessimist surrounding the building of space elevator (Aravind 125)
* Potential applications of space elevators
1 There are a number of short term applications of space elevators and these include military
- Key Points Between Socrates and Meno Writing AssignmentDescription: What is the purpose of Socrates' discussion with Anytus? What does it help him prove and how does he do it? (c) What's the closest Socrates and Meno get to a conclusion?...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | MLA | Literature & Language | Other (Not Listed) |
- Asian American Culture: Differences Between Urban Areas & Rural Areas Description: The large Asian American population in the USA is explained in different ways, which include hyper-selectivity through immigration law and hypo-selectivity, where the majority of the people who arrived through this structure were refugees....3 pages/≈825 words | 3 Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Other (Not Listed) |
- Paul Laurence Dunbar Poems Research Assignment PaperDescription: Ode to Ethiopia, Sympathy, The Colored Soldiers, We Wear the Mask, An Ante-bellum Sermon, Little Brown Baby, The Poet, Douglass, Philosophy...1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Other (Not Listed) |