Facing Poverty With A Rich Girl's Habits By Kim Summary (Other (Not Listed) Sample)
Select one essay in The brief McGraw-Hill guide: Writing for college, writing for life: (2nd ed.) to summarize for this assignment.
I selected “Facing poverty with a rich girl’s habits” by Kim
Write a one and one-half to two (1½ - 2) page summary paper in which you:
Identify the source (writer and title of essay) and state his or her most important point in your own words.
Summarize the other main points and their supporting details in separate paragraphs.
Discuss the (1) writer’s purpose, (2) genre, (3) audience, and (4) tone (attitude),
Describe your emotional response to the essay.
Use quotations, paraphrase, and summary correctly.
â€œFacing Poverty With A Rich Girl's Habitsâ€ By Kim
Facing Poverty with a Rich Girl's Habits-Kim Suki
Suki Kim is described as the author behind the narrative â€œFacing Poverty with a Rich Girl's Habitâ€. In this narrative, Kim assents to adopting a new approach of life after her father, considered a wealthy man, lost all that he had ever toiled for. Kim in this situation is forced to adopt to assimilate a new way of living after moving from their treasured home in the outskirts of South Korea to the US. Kim tries to depict the manner in which she learned to adapt to a different environment and way of life after losing what her family had and clearly gives her views on the essence of accepting the fact and remaining who she truly was, a transition that proved somehow challenging.
Through self-actualization, Kim learns that the element of geography would not define who she was, and would not change her cultural beliefs and ways irrespective of her state. This aspect calms her and gives her peace espe...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- The yellow wallpaper Essays
- Fear Essays
- Freedom of speech Essays
- Women rights Essays
- Modest proposal Essays
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to poverty:
- Identifying Famous People / Groups: Boko Haram in AfricaDescription: Boko Haram is a terrorist militant group founded in 2002 by an enigmatic Imam named Mohammed Yusuf (BBC News)...2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Crime in America Table and Essay: Violent Crimes Economic CrimesDescription: Create a table that lists a variety of crime types. Your table should include a minimum of four types of crimes, two violent crimes, and two economic crimes....2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Other (Not Listed) |
- Describe What you Think are the Top Three Social ProblemsDescription: The social problems affecting the U.S cut across various demographic groups, as they affect the social fabric and economic situation of the people. ...2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |