Child Abuse let downs in the Generation Social Sciences Essay (Other (Not Listed) Sample)
Benchmark - Social Problem Final Essay
After analyzing various social problems in this course, in an essay assignment (750-1,000 words), address the following citing three to five scholarly sources from the GCU library:
First, summarize what you’ve learned regarding the impact of social phenomenon (for instance, social inequality, social deviance, etc.) on the social problem you selected from macro and micro perspectives.
Next, in Topic 1, you explained how the theoretical perspective(s) that best aligns with your selected social problem which was: CHILD ABUSE (conflict, functionalist, and interactionist) explains how it came to be and is perpetuated. In this essay, explain how your study of the theoretical perspectives has deepened your understanding of why the social problem you’ve selected continues to exist and how it can be alleviated.
Lastly, provide your own possible solutions to your selected social problem that are more effective than current solutions, based on research you’ve collected.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the GCU Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Submit the assignment to your instructor by the end of Topic 7.
This assignment assesses the following programmatic competencies: 1.3: Analyze a social phenomenon from both the macro and micro perspectives.
Social Problem: Child Abuse
Child Abuse in Perspectives
Conflict Theory Learning
What Can Be Done
ReferencesChild Abuse in Perspectives
The world has long been dealing with child trafficking and abuse. Children are being used either to do the act or to be acted upon with a crime. One of the reasons for the engagement of children is that minors are brought under the custody of organizations for minors, rather than in jail. This excuses the perpetrators from being held accountable for their malicious deeds. On the other hand, the children, for most cases, are left with trauma.
Child abuse can be linked to the problem of poverty and social injustices in society. It creates a crisis that puts the children in a dilemma at a young age. Poverty compromises the necessities of children like food, clothing, and shelter. Aside from being prone to abuse and trafficking, their mental, physical, and emotional state are also at stake. Poverty and social injustices deny them access to education, health care, and even a sound environment to grow up to (Duncan & Gunn, 1997).
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Women rights Essays
- Modest proposal Essays
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to child abuse:
- Child Abuse Social Problems Social Sciences CourseworkDescription: Child abuse has several consequences that are related to one another since the majority of these are social factors that victimize vulnerable families. This leads to cyclical patterns of stress and maltreatment. Devastatingly, the vulnerability of a family is largely influenced by social factors...2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Social Sciences | Coursework |
- Forensic psychology Psychology Research Paper Essay Description: There is a general belief that those who become offenders during adulthood have a history of being abused while in childhood. Many suggest that majority of the incarcerated individuals may have undergone neglect and physical abuse as children. Others have postulated a positive correlation...9 pages/≈2475 words | APA | Psychology | Research Paper |
- Mirroring: SOC 101 4. AGENTS OF SOCIALIZATION. Social Sciences EssayDescription: Mirroring is an ordinary phenomenon that often goes unnoticed. It involves behaviors often in social space, in which a person unconsciously imitates the attitudes, gestures, or gestures....2 pages/≈550 words | MLA | Social Sciences | Essay |