Case 4 SLP Sampling (Other (Not Listed) Sample)
Math 201 Basics Statistics SLP 4
In this assignment, you will continue to collect data for another 5–10 days. Write a paper (1–3 pages) including all of the following content:
•Recalculate the mean, standard deviation, and variance.
•Is your mean increasing or decreasing?
•Explain the effects of the larger sample size in relation to your data.
•Do you think the current sample you have is enough to draw an accurate conclusion, or do you need a larger sample?
•What conclusions can you draw from comparing both sets of data?
Submit your paper at the end of Module 4.
SLP Assignment Expectations
Answer all questions posted in the instructions. Use information from the modular background readings and videos as well as any good-quality resource you can find. Cite all sources in APA style and include a reference list at the end of your paper.source..
Case 4 SLP SAMPLING
Course: Math 201 Basic Statistics
Recalculated mean, standard deviation, and variance [15 observations]
0.3634911.6134.56432-5.429.165402.66.76637-0.40.167380.60.36834-3.411.569457.657.761031-6.440.9611402.66.7612380.60.361336-1.41.961435-2.45.761533-4.419.36Sum561321.6Mean37.4Population variance 4.63Population standard deviation , Ïƒ
Sample standard deviation, s
Data statistics for the last 5 observations
Population standard deviation , Ïƒ
Sample standard deviation, s2.7
The sample standard deviation and variance has the denominator representing the number of observations minus one. This is because the sample is less than 30 observations, which is considered as the value that represents large sample sizes. On the other hand, the population standard deviation and variance use the number of observations as the denominators.
Sample standard deviations variances are represented as:
INCLUDEPICTURE "/sites/default/files/attachments/resources/2011/08/fig-25.jpg" \* MERGEFORMATINET
INCLUDEPICTURE "/sites/default/files/attachments/resources/2011/08/fig-27.jpg" \* MERGEFORMATINET
The mean decreased marginally compared to the first data set, and there were smaller differences in the last five observations compared to the first data set. The mean in this case is 37.4 from the fifteen observations compared to 37.9 minutes for the initial observations, while for the additional five observations the mean is 36.4 minutes. Even though, there is no specific pattern that emerges for the fifteen observations, the recorded data set for the additional five observations was decreasing. Additionally, since the mean for the data set is the lowest this has affected the overall mean. Even though, some samples may have either high or lower values, there are no bi...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Relationship Essays
- Plagiarism Essays
- Poems Essays
- Identity Essays
- Vaccination Essays
- Death penalty Essays
- Cold war Essays
- Song analysis Essays
- Animal cruelty Essays
- Kill a mockingbird Essays
- Homeless Essays
- Salem witch trials Essays
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
- The yellow wallpaper Essays
- Fear Essays
- Freedom of speech Essays
- Measure of Central Tendacy and SamplingDescription: The median represents the middle observation in a data set and is the best measure to represent average income of an employee...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Mathematics & Economics | Other (Not Listed) |
- ProbabilityDescription: Probabilities show the likelihood of an event occurring, whereby a probability of 0 indicates an event would not occur....2 pages/≈550 words | 4 Sources | APA | Mathematics & Economics | Other (Not Listed) |
- CountingDescription: Ordering different objects or numbers could be challenging in the absence of appropriate knowledge...1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | Mathematics & Economics | Other (Not Listed) |