Antitrust Laws: Legal Structures In Healthcare Organizations (Other (Not Listed) Sample)
Provide a summary of antitrust laws and discuss their application to healthcare organizations. Using the following site: Bureau of Competition, identify one case involving a healthcare organization and provide a summary of the following: The Parties involved and their respective interests Facts leading to the complaint Disposition of the case Rationale for the decision Practical implications in light of current research Assignment Expectations
Legal structures in healthcare organizations
Legal Structures in Healthcare Organizations
Healthcare organizations are governed and regulated by legal and ethical rules. Strict adherence and compliance to these rules has to be ensured to prevent the risk of law suits and having their licenses terminated. As a result, most if not all healthcare organizations have very capable legal departments that enforce the adoption and strict adherence of these rules. The legal department works jointly with the other departments in achieving the facility's objectives (Ryan, 1978). The increasing volume of regulations and legislations in healthcare has necessitated the significance of having healthcare lawyers. The paper will analyze and evaluate the legal structure of Boston medical center and some of its functions.
Duties of the Boston Medical Center legal section
The department is tasked with various functions that safeguard the smooth running of the medical center. In addition to ensuring that the healthcare facility and its employees comply with the rules it is tasked with:
* Ensuring that the hospital properly discharges its affairs.
* Ensuring that the medical center employees safeguard its vested interests in relation to internal and external customers.
* Providing legal consultations and advice as needed and when needed. The medical center lawyers are required to assist in the preparation of legal opinions and reports as needed by the various department heads.
* Reviews rules, contracts and agreements from other departments.
* Drafting of memos, resolutions and letters in an administrative capacity. The department supervises the review of legal documents and ensures they are up to the standard of the operation department.
* Pleading all cases for the medical center on all law suits filed for and against it. In addition the department is also involved with replying on all received legal notices (Hart, 2012).
* Ensuring regular legal awareness to all the healthcare staff and
- Antitrust Laws: Legal Structures In Healthcare OrganizationsDescription: The goal of the Session Long project is Assessment and Evaluation of a healthcare organization's compliance with legal and ethical rules and regulations through the application of the course concepts and current research to a healthcare organization of your choice. ...2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Management | Other (Not Listed) |
- Module 5 Option 2: Portfolio Project Clinical QualityDescription: The performance measures for Pneumonia include blood cultures, antibiotics timing, smoking cessation, among others...1 page/≈275 words | 6 Sources | APA | Management | Other (Not Listed) |
- Folio Milestone: CSU-Global Library's Outline TemplatesDescription: Submit a brief outline of your Portfolio Project. Use one of the CSU-Global Library's Outline Templates to organize your project ahead of Module 8...1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | Management | Other (Not Listed) |