John Edwards Profile: McDonalds Company (Other (Not Listed) Sample)
a 1,050- to 1,400-word profile of the individual that you interviewed for your company's newsletter, and include the following:
Identify the individual and their position within the company, and briefly describe the organization.
Interpret the individual's leadership style based on the Five-Factor personality model, and offer one or more examples of the management and leadership roles of this individual.
Explain one incident where this individual had to solve a difficult problem or situation because things did not go as planned.
Describe the lessons that she/he learned from being able to problem solve, even when what she/he had been taught did not work.
Format your profile in the form of a newsletter (the final format may vary depending upon the company's style
Headline [The title or overall description of the newsletter article]
1. Interview your individual and research any information necessary.
2. Carefully consider your individual and audience so you offer an article that is engaging and worthwhile.
3. Create a compelling headline and opening to get your audience’s attention.
4. Use clear and concise sentences to generate your individual’s leadership profile.
5. Add any pictures, tables, or graphs that offer insight or clarification for the reader.
6. Review newsletter template websites for assistance. For example, open your web browser and search for either “smore newsletter” or “templates cakemail”.
John Edwards Profile
In this assignment, I interviewed John Edwards a restaurant manager at a local McDonald’s in Maryland. Edwards has worked at McDonald’s since 2011 and ensures that the restaurant operations are running smoothly. He oversees that the restaurant opens on time, employees arrive on time, and employees do their duties effectively. He oversees the restaurants at Maryland by overseeing the recruitment, training, and integrating new employees with existing employees. Further, he ensures that standards of hygiene are maintained that comply with health and safety standards. It is also his duty to make sure that stock, equipment, and building maintenance such as cleanliness and security are in order. He also supervises budgets and sales for the restaurants to become profitable. Importantly, Edwards’ role also includes ensuring that high customer service is maintained. In this way, he handles customer complaints and questions to ensure that customers feel satisfied. Finally, as the manager, he has to prepare reports and ensure that the company has good relationship with the local community.
McDonald’s is a renowned America fast food company that was established in 1940. Having its headquarters at Oak Brook, Illinois, McDonald’s is especially known and admired for its hamburgers. McDonald’s boasts of being the largest chain restaurant across the world and it serves well over 69 million customers. The company has restaurants in more than 100 countries and more than 36,000 outlets. While the company is largely known for its hamburgers, they also serve cheeseburgers, French fries, wraps, chicken products, milkshakes, breakfast bites, soft drinks, as well as desserts.
Regardless, the company’s success also has for a long time been marred by criticism especially in concerns to unhealthy food choices. The epidemic of obesity especially in the western world has made McDonald’s a target because fast foods are viewed as unhealthy. However, to respond to this criticism, the company has changed its business model and so healthy food items are included in the menu. In this way, the menu includes salads, fish, fruits, as well as smoothies. In 2017, the company was in the process of testing and implementing a vegan hamburger. McDonald’s revenue is generated from rent, fees from the franchisees, and also from sales coming from company-operated restaurants. Edwards is a manager of some of McDonald’s restaurants in Maryland.
- Leadership Portfolio: A Focus on Human Resource ManagersDescription: According to a research study by Hill, Jones & Schilling (2014) the first aspect that human resource managers need to focus on in their leadership portfolios is stating their personal objective statements in the organization...2 pages/≈550 words | 1 Source | APA | Management | Other (Not Listed) |
- Outlining Themes and Identifying TheoriesDescription: The level of income on every individual in a developed nation is relatively high. Also, the development in such nations has relatively remained stable over the years....2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | Management | Other (Not Listed) |
- Folio Milestone: CSU-Global Library's Outline TemplatesDescription: Submit a brief outline of your Portfolio Project. Use one of the CSU-Global Library's Outline Templates to organize your project ahead of Module 8...1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | Management | Other (Not Listed) |