Eng 210: Memos, Progress Reports, Proposals, And Presentations (Other (Not Listed) Sample)
This course is an investigation of written genres and composition practices of professional and workplace communication including application documents, memos, progress reports, proposals, and presentations. Contemporary communication occurs across media platforms and through a variety of devices, as such this course addresses a range of digital and visual communication strategies.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Compose in academic, professional, and/or workplace genres related to a field of study.
2. Apply writing processes common to that field.
3. Compose and deliver a professional presentation.
4. Describe the conventions of genres within a field.
5. Make effective disciplinary and professional arguments.
Required Text and Resources
IDEO.org. The Field Guide to Human-Centered Design, First Edition. 2015. [PDF Provided; Creative Commons 3.0 License]
Williams, Joseph M., and Joseph Bizup. Style: The Basics of Clarity and Grace, 5th Edition. New York: Pearson, 2015. ISBN-10: 0-312-95330-4. New: $32.47 Rent: $15.11
Wolfe, Joanna. Team Writing: A Guide to Working in Groups. Boston: Bedford/St. Martin’s, 2010. ISBN-10: 0-312-56582-8. New: $22.79 Used: $17.57 Rent: $15.12
Select Readings and Publicly Available Links provided through UBLearns/Blackboard.source..
Literature and Language
After doing the group activity with my team mates, I have learned a lot when it comes to group effort contribution. I understand that as part of a team, you all need to have a common goal and one of the strategies to achieve this is by analyzing what your other team mates have contributed and think about what is missing or how to make everything function. Everyone is expected to contribute, but it is important to not give random ones because that will only make it useless. I believe that everyone in class has something to teach you because of the learnings I gained from each one of them.
It does not matter if they are my close friends or not because even the people I leas
- Marketing Coordinator Position - Work from Home PotenitalDescription: With regards to the recently advert job of Marketing Coordinator Position, I hereby tender my application for a permanent job in the position at Enviroshake. I am motivated and interested performing duties in the aforementioned marketing role....1 page/≈275 words | 4 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Other (Not Listed) |
- Cover Letter Writing in the Field of Security ManagerDescription: Experience in the field of security; I have worked as Assistant Officer at the Correctional Services Department from 1995-2003. ...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Other (Not Listed) |
- Annotations Analyzing Rhetorical TechniquesDescription: Evaluation of Babolsar Sand Behavior by Using Static Triaxial Tests and comparison with case history, Najafabad: Islamic Azad University...2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Other (Not Listed) |