Eng 210: Memos, Progress Reports, Proposals, And Presentations (Other (Not Listed) Sample)
This course is an investigation of written genres and composition practices of professional and workplace communication including application documents, memos, progress reports, proposals, and presentations. Contemporary communication occurs across media platforms and through a variety of devices, as such this course addresses a range of digital and visual communication strategies.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Compose in academic, professional, and/or workplace genres related to a field of study.
2. Apply writing processes common to that field.
3. Compose and deliver a professional presentation.
4. Describe the conventions of genres within a field.
5. Make effective disciplinary and professional arguments.
Required Text and Resources
IDEO.org. The Field Guide to Human-Centered Design, First Edition. 2015. [PDF Provided; Creative Commons 3.0 License]
Williams, Joseph M., and Joseph Bizup. Style: The Basics of Clarity and Grace, 5th Edition. New York: Pearson, 2015. ISBN-10: 0-312-95330-4. New: $32.47 Rent: $15.11
Wolfe, Joanna. Team Writing: A Guide to Working in Groups. Boston: Bedford/St. Martin’s, 2010. ISBN-10: 0-312-56582-8. New: $22.79 Used: $17.57 Rent: $15.12
Select Readings and Publicly Available Links provided through UBLearns/Blackboard.source..
Literature and Language
After doing the group activity with my team mates, I have learned a lot when it comes to group effort contribution. I understand that as part of a team, you all need to have a common goal and one of the strategies to achieve this is by analyzing what your other team mates have contributed and think about what is missing or how to make everything function. Everyone is expected to contribute, but it is important to not give random ones because that will only make it useless. I believe that everyone in class has something to teach you because of the learnings I gained from each one of them.
It does not matter if they are my close friends or not because even the people I leas
- Rationale Evaluation Tools In Evidence-Based Change ProjectDescription: The principle reason for conducting an evaluation of a project remains in answering questions related to the needs of the project, its implementation, outcomes...1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Other (Not Listed) |
- Treatment of Indigenous Canadians Research AssignmentDescription: As terrible as the treatment of indigenous Canadians was in the past, it is yet more terrible that such treatment is still ongoing. The desecration of the ancestors which happened when the Huron-Wendat ancestors were dug up and re-interred...2 pages/≈550 words | 1 Source | APA | Literature & Language | Other (Not Listed) |
- Man and Drugs, a Perspective on DrugsDescription: There are different reasons for drugs use. Drug use among the adolescents is attributed to peer influence...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Other (Not Listed) |