Application For The Position Of Mental Health Assistant (Other (Not Listed) Sample)
This is the job I would be applying for...I need a cover letter that "pops'
Mental Health Assistant 1 (35 Hour)
State of Connecticut - Department of Mental Health & Addiction Services -
The Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services seeks qualified individuals for the position of Mental Health Assistant 1 within the General Psychiatry Division, Woodward 2 South - position number 115375. This is a full-time, thirty-five (35) hours per week position. The schedule is a 2nd shift, 3:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m., every other weekend, 72-72-80.
Applicants are required to upload a copy of their Motor Vehicle Operator's License and Resume with their submission. (Note: In order to upload documents you must ensure that your internet browser's 'pop-up' blocker is off. Failure to do so may prevent you from being able to upload documentation and submit your application.)
In order to be considered for this job opening, you must be a current state employee, who has permanent state status and meet the Minimum Qualifications as listed on the job opening. You must specify your qualifications on your application.
PURPOSE OF JOB CLASS (NATURE OF WORK)
In a Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services hospital, behavioral health facility or program this class is accountable for assisting in the assessment, planning, and implementation of paraprofessional nursing, clinical and/or rehabilitative interventions designed to support clients short and/or long term needs.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Participates in assigned nursing, clinical and/or rehabilitative interventions to meet client short and long term needs; advocates for services or resources that meet client needs and preferences; assists client in developing effective strategies for managing internal and external stress; routinely solicits personal goals and preferences; identifies and facilitates use of appropriate support networks; participates in education and training activities to further skill development; participates in admission and discharge planning activities; protects civil rights of client; maintains a safe and healthy environment; may manage client behaviors through verbal communication as needed; performs related duties as required.
COMMUNITY OR OUTPATIENT PROGRAMS: Functions as a member of a case management team or program; participate in assessment, crisis intervention and monitoring of clients in community at large (i.e. emergency rooms, jails, homeless shelters, outpatient programs, etc.); assists client in learning and practicing daily living skills, medication monitoring and/or community adaptation skills; provides individual, group and/or family supportive treatment under appropriate supervision.
INPATIENT WARD OR UNIT: Communicates and interacts with clients; participates in development of nursing care and treatment plans; encourages client to participate in therapeutic activities; observes and records client behavior and prepares pertinent reports; participates in on-going education and training programs; may participate in follow up of client in community based services; may supervise self-administration of oral medication.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY
Knowledge of acceptable standards of nursing care; knowledge of psychiatric rehabilitation and/or case management principles and procedures; knowledge of community support systems and resources; considerable interpersonal skills; considerable communication skills; considerable counseling skills; ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
One (1) year's experience at the level of Mental Health Trainee.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED
1. An Associate's degree in mental health technology may be substituted for the General Experience.
2. Two (2) years of college training in behavioral science, social work, rehabilitation therapy or its equivalent may be substituted for the General Experience.
3. One (1) year of experience as a Recovery Support Specialist providing peer support to agency clients may be substituted for the General Experience.
4. Completion of a mental health trainee certificate program may be substituted for six (6) months of the General Experience.
1. Incumbents in this class may be required to be bilingual or fluent in American Sign Language.
2. Incumbents in this class will be required to possess and retain a valid Motor Vehicle Operator's license.
3. Incumbents in this class will be required to travel.
Incumbents in this class may be required to lift and restrain clients and may have significant exposure to communicable and/or infectious diseases, strongly disagreeable conditions and risk of injury.
RE: APPLICATION FOR THE POSITION OF MENTAL HEALTH ASSISTANT (35HOUR)
Dear Sir /Madam,
Following the recent advertisement, I hereby apply for the position of mental health assistant for 35 hours per week position with the general psychiatry division. I have both academic and practical experience required for the position. I hold an associate degree in psychology and I recently completed my one year course in rehabilitation therapy. I have vast experiencing in caring for mentally ill patients within various social services programs.
I have a one year experience working within the recovery support unit. During this period, I have provided support and life skill services focusing on mental and behavioral challenged adults. I have also been involved in organizing and leading caseload and programs that help patients achieve their treatment objective...
- Making Quality Arguments On Career In Project ManagementDescription: Making quality arguments is the need to convince an individual or group that a position taken concerning a given subject is justified...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Other (Not Listed) |
- The Laramie Project Acts JournalDescription: The Laramie Project Acts Journal Literature and Language (Undergraduate level)...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Literature & Language | Other (Not Listed) |
- Discourse AnalysisDescription: The proliferation of communications technologies and the media systems have contributed immensely to the changes in our day to day experiences in life...2 pages/≈550 words | 1 Source | APA | Literature & Language | Other (Not Listed) |