Health Care Timeline (Other (Not Listed) Sample)
Please follow carefully the instructions of the below assignment details I will be attaching 2 files to help you.
Refer to Timeline for the HIstory of Public Health and Epidemiology in the topic material section. Using this resource as an example, create your own timeline in a Word document with significant dates that influenced and changed the health care delivery systems.
1.Your timeline should begin where the timeline in this resource ends in 1988. End with the most current and significant information that you can find. There should be a minimum of 10 significant dates added to this timeline to receive a passing grade.
2.Give a detailed description of each significant date and event.
3.Provide appropriate and scholarly sources. Remember that Wikipedia is not considered a scholarly source.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
Medical discovery and disease trends
The Institute of Medicine (IOM) of the National Academies publishes its landmark report, Future of Public Health, which defined the core functions and essential services of the US public health system.
Harvard AIDS Initiative was founded following the discovery of HIV-2 in 1986.
The Human Genome Project, an endeavor to map out the human genome down to the genes began. The results of this project would later on have a major impact on public health and disease treatments.
Harvard School of Public Health (HSPH) faculty published the "Six Cities" study which led to various revisions to the US Clean Air Act.
The Ryan White CARE Act led to laws that protected HIV/AIDS survivors from discrimination and increased funding for research and public treatment.
The World Health Organization (WHO) was declared as a national global epidemic.
Healthy People Act was published. It served as the blueprint for improving the health of Americans by the end of the century through 22 priority areas.
HSPH launched AIDS Prevention Initiative in Nigeria following the release of the United Nations Millennium Development Goals which centered on improved wellbeing for all peoples.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Identity Essays
- Vaccination Essays
- Death penalty Essays
- Cold war Essays
- Song analysis Essays
- Animal cruelty Essays
- Kill a mockingbird Essays
- Homeless Essays
- Salem witch trials Essays
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
- The yellow wallpaper Essays
- Fear Essays
- Freedom of speech Essays
- Women rights Essays
- Modest proposal Essays
- Domestic violence Essays
- Response to Christina TillsonDescription: I totally agree with you concerning the fact that skin pH is important in maintain skin integrity and deceasing the bacterial load, thereby highlighting the importance of research on appropriate cleansers ...2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Other (Not Listed) |
- Critical Appraisal QuestionsDescription: Were any of the guideline developers funded researchers of the reviewed studies? ...4 pages/≈1100 words | 2 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Other (Not Listed) |
- Sallie Mae Fisher’s Health History and Discharge OrdersDescription: Mountain Top Home Health to evaluate cardio-pulmonary status, medication management, and home safety. Medical Equipment Company to deliver oxygen concentrator and instruct patient in use. O2 at 2 liters per nasal prongs PRN....1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Other (Not Listed) |