Who Are The Beneficiaries Of The Story Told In Black Money (Movie Review Sample)
A trillion dollars are paid every year in bribes, according to a study by the World Bank institute (2004). The developing world has a lot of people who are the victims of corruption. Even though the countries are rich in natural resources, many of their citizens live on less than a dollar a day. At the same time, government officials are becoming unbelievably wealthy by taking bribes from corporations. The result of this behavior, according to Transparency International, is decreased development, lessens the availability health care, literacy rates and environmental protection.
Black Money Due Tuesday, February 20thIn a brief essay/write-up (1-2 pages), address the following related to “Black Money”. Be complete in your answers for full credit - points deducted for partial, unexplained responses.Questions:
1. Who are the beneficiaries of the story told in “Black Money”? Who pays? Be specific and be sure to explain why you consider them a “winner” or “loser”.
2. Is the US right in having an anti-corruption policy since it places its firms at a disadvantage? Why or why not?
3. What ethical issues are involved in such practices?
4. Why are corruption treaties not more effective?
5. What do you think you would do if you were faced with such a situation? What do you think is the appropriate response is if you find out that your company expects you to engage in this behavior?
The money that comes from the corruption is part of what is robbing many of the nations the chance to grow. The beneficiaries of the black money however are associated with the power in the society. It is important to note that, these are the genuinely powerful in the society. These are people that have the power to take the money that they need simply because they are in a position to. For those in powerful position, they have the power to solicit the funds from the companies and governments that want to carry out business on their land. The corporations that pay the government officials are the losers and this also includes the people of the respective nations where the bribes are accepted.
In the case of the united and the enactment of the Foreign Corrupt Practices policy, this was placing the firms at a disadvantage. This is the case considering that most of the corporate world at the time were involved in the practice. During the investigations involving the various corruption cases, most of the corporations that were caught in the act would point to the fact that, it was difficult to operate in an environment where companies from countries such as Britain were involved in the practice. For the American companies, this meant that, they could not bribe the various off
- Who Are The Beneficiaries Of The Story Told In Black MoneyDescription: Who are the beneficiaries of the story told in “Black Money”? Be specific and be sure to explain why you consider them a “winner” or “loser”. Is the US right in having an anti-corruption policy since it places its firms at a disadvantage?...2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | MLA | Management | Movie Review |